ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

non sport coilover dilemma?

Been trawling the internet for a good few months to find a set of coilovers for my 1.2 mk2 ph2 non sport. Thought i found a set but ended up they sent me the wrong kit (ie 58mm) and didnt have the 52mm kit that fits my car. Now the only other option is the vmaxx coilovers at around £400. My question is, are there any cheap and cheerful coilovers that will fit my car?

haha thought so, measured mine up and it was 52mm? :S i guess ill just have to save a bit lol.
That rokkor company on ebay emailed me saying they're developing a 52mm kit, so if anyone's in the same boat as me then keep an eye on them :approve:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
£400 is the cheapest ive seen for 52mm coilovers,

im looking into changing the hubs to the 58mm ones,
then ill get some coilover on the group buy or something.

is it safe to get them machined to fit? i was thinking about it but thought it could end up pretty bad. Was contemplating the hub change too, but probably end up being more hassle than just shelling out a bit more cash. I think i'll look into machining them if its safe? any ideas/views?

J

jonnytheboy

is it safe to get them machined to fit? i was thinking about it but thought it could end up pretty bad. Was contemplating the hub change too, but probably end up being more hassle than just shelling out a bit more cash. I think i'll look into machining them if its safe? any ideas/views?

Should be ok! your slotting a hole towards the other so theres still plenty of metal, 6mm isnt much

2010 Clio S
right..im new here!!

i have the same problem..except my car is the 2010 clio S.

i dont no what size the bolt is..52 or 58mm.cud anyone help???

i want it low..but dont want extreme prices!! :(

also i hadnt got a clue wether it was a mk3..mk4..mk5....

WHAT mk is my car. its 2010...donnelly and taggart renault garage in campsie, coleraine and enniskillen couldnt even tell me what phase it is!! :(

i think its mk3.

bascially if it looks like a 197 its a mk3, if it looks like a 172/182 its a mk2. There is a guide with all of them somewhere.

You can find what size you need by taking a front wheel off and measure the spacing between the bolts. I think the mk3's only have one measurement but could be wrong.

Black Clio GT
right..im new here!!

i have the same problem..except my car is the 2010 clio S.

i dont no what size the bolt is..52 or 58mm.cud anyone help???

i want it low..but dont want extreme prices!! :(

also i hadnt got a clue wether it was a mk3..mk4..mk5....

WHAT mk is my car. its 2010...donnelly and taggart renault garage in campsie, coleraine and enniskillen couldnt even tell me what phase it is!! :(

i think its mk3.

yours its a mk3 facelift.
the cheapest coilovers to fit a mk3 non rs are the ap ones that are around £500.
the other option is to get a -45mm spring kit that range from around £100 to £200.

if your a ftera cheap suspension kit i recomend the fk hightech kit with a -60mm front and -40mm rear, i have the same kit but -40mm all round which is the same price if you dont want a nose down stance!!

venom motorsport sell all the above at pretty good prices....

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
as previously mentioned in this thread Rokkor are still developing a Kit for the 52mm set up...

in my thread " good news on coilovers" im trying to get a list together to see if we could set up a group buy if theres sufficient interest....