ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

non sport replicas

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
has anyone with a non sport that is lowered on coilovers put the sport front end, wings, skirts etc on as well? I'm tempted to do this to mine but not sure how the skirts will fair in regards to clearance over speed bumps etc
also does anyone have any pictures of their reps that they would like to share with me? :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Have a look in the projects section AlexW has the best rep.

Beware you will need some spacers front and rear to stop it looking silly

Many.
:D cheers grazo22 :)

14020187951_c612745469_b_zpsef16c681.jpg

Original build thread is here... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?703091-Flame-Red-DCi-172-Rep

Followed on by my driveway antics thread, however nothing major has changed since that first thread.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
...although I'd just save for an actual RS model, rather than spend money making your car look like one.

...although I'd just save for an actual RS model, rather than spend money making your car look like one.
Agreed.

To the OP, even if it's a year or so to save up, that time will soon fly by.

As nice as a lot of the reps on here are, the sunroof is a big give away, but the average man on the street is dumb, so they'd probably not notice.

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
Ok thanks for the opinions, AlexW what spacers do have on that mate? I'm thinking with my car I'd need to get the rear arches rolled before I can put spacers on so they don't rub

Many.
I have full 182 running gear, with 25mm front spacers (so I've gained about 35mm maybe). Rear is 182 again, with 10mm spacers, so I've gained about 15mm. Rear arches are rolled and I get rubbing on the bumper.
its on 195/45/16 tyres too.

Mine is quite extreme for a rep.

I had a black one recently, 30mm front spacers and 5mm rears would probs be perfect.

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
I have full 182 running gear, with 25mm front spacers (so I've gained about 35mm maybe). Rear is 182 again, with 10mm spacers, so I've gained about 15mm. Rear arches are rolled and I get rubbing on the bumper.
its on 195/45/16 tyres too.

Mine is quite extreme for a rep.

I had a black one recently, 30mm front spacers and 5mm rears would probs be perfect.

Mine is on 165/50/15s stretched tyres and lowered pretty low. Its not had any sort of conversion like yours so I would just be using spacers to try and make the wheels line up with the body work so they aren't sunk into the sport arches.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Nope, they're even worse.

Of course I don't agree with that!

I've had 2 sports, both great if you do very little mileage every year but not if you're doing 20k+ a year and want something that's good in the corners, has luxuries, doesn't cost an arm and a leg to run but also looks good. For £2500 which is what mine will have cost me when I'm done, I can't think of another car that will do all those things :)

@mattyd90

If you have a look in the back of the Clio owners manual it gives you the difference in width of the non-sport and sport. Believe it's 8mm a side or something but I really can't remember. The front on the sport is wider than the back.

The spacers you will need will depends on the ET of your current wheels.

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
grazo22 I believe they are et38. Tbh they don't look that bad without spacers at the mo. Would look better with them but don't want it to rub as it's currently fine. So will defos need the arches doing on the back first. Wreckon if I get the sport front end 25mm spacers would do as they're more easily available?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Your car currently will look like it's got 10mm spacers on each side already then as 172 alloys are et 48.5. If you have a look at my thread your car will be roughly as wide as mine which has sport running gear and 172 alloys.

If it were me I would put the kit on, see what it looks like and then spacer if and as you need. Alex's car is 25mm spacers on the front but again et48.5 wheels

Go onto JJC, hub buddy spacers will see you fine at about £40 a side inc bolts.

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
grazo22 the main thing I'm worried about with the kit though is the skirts catching when I go over speed bumps etc as it is quite low, although they don't appear to go much if any lower than the metal ugly sills rather than just covering them up