ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non sport sleeper 2.0

Vectra
I remember seeing on PH few weeks ago, someone selling a non sport with a 2.0 engine conversion, while still keeping the non sport look.

There's probably threads like this already, but just wanna know if anyone on here has done the same?

1.2 clio
I done one 1.2 dynamic shell 172 cup engine awesome little car. People use to be so shocked to see me keep up with them lol

Vectra
What places can do these conversions? I'd love to do it with mine it'll probably never happen though..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Buy a donor car and do it yourself, it's pretty much plug and play then.

There's a guide for removal, which would basically be done in reverse to fit one.

Vectra
I might do sooner to the time, If I go ahead with it. I'm thinking about keeping the Clio as a project, once I get my new car so an engine conversion could be on the cards for the future. Doubt it'll ever happen though.

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Vickys is by far my favourite non sport (would you still class it as a non sport?) on the forum

320d
1*2's are so cheap now there is literally no point in doing a conversion. Unless your not going to declare it as Dave says.

320d
Yeah, unless you aren't declaring it then it's pointless in not just buying a 172.

That said Rob's looked awesome.

It did, doesn't mean it wasn't pointless. Get a 172 and stick non-sport bumpers on it. Much cheaper than doing it the other way around.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
If you just ran a ph1/ph1 silver 172 on some steel wheels and removed all the badges you could get away with the sleeper look I reckon

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Just buy a 172 lol. I see absolutely no point in fitting the 2.0 to the 1.2, unless you're not going to declare it of course.

This basically.

If you want a 2.0 sleeper it would be easier to fit 1.2 panels and bumpers to a 172 and then you've got the engine, drivetrain and chassis but with the (even bigger) pauper look. Be a lot easier and you would make a bit of money back selling the Renaultsport body kit.

S3, Polo
1*2's are so cheap now there is literally no point in doing a conversion. Unless your not going to declare it as Dave says.

Agreed - Utterly pointless.

Will be more to insure than a 1*2 too, because modified.