ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non-Sports trying to Race Sports in S-Wales

172 cup
Everytime i've been in Cardiff recently i've had what i'd consider a non-sport (1.2/1.4) usually with neons etc try and race me.

Is this standard procedure? Was wondering if the welsh boys on here could shed some light on the situation.

Cheers

Faded trophy
yeh that sounds about right south wales is a race track Quite good fun making people look silly mind :p

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I aint stupid enough to try and race sports lol but neons..... is Cardiff seriously that bad?

172 cup
Ha ha, i'm glad i'm not the only one then. :)

Oh and yes there are plenty of neons illuminating the road at night, usually Rovers, old Civics and Saxo's though!

MCS R56
Just wave them passed or let them 'win'. You'll make their day! Not sure how they win, right enough, but your not proving anything by racing them.

BMW 323i Coupe
First race I had in my 1.2 was against a 182, uphill over a bridge, so I made it a litte bit harder for myself. ;)

But that was merely testing my car out against it, and it was good to see the other guy give it a good go.

I get people trying to race my 323i now, some silly bint in a Ford Cougar had a go the other day, standard procedure to own them.

DCi 100
Can't really say I've raced an RS in the 1.2, tried keeping up badly though.

Ive had all sorts of turds think my car is an RS, I pitty their lack of knowledge.

Yeah but, stick a waste paper basket sized back box and a dustbin sized induction kit with a "Scooby" modded bonnet scoop, should give the 1.2 enough power to keep up with any 1*2. Strap on one of those electric hairdryer super charger kit with a "chip" consisting of a resistor and it'll blow it into the weeds and will beat it in the twisties if it is sump scraping low and shod with 19" wheels with stretched tyres.