ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non start,non charge,door open dash light on,interior light stays on.

Clio sport .172
I have had all these faults,so I hope this helps.These faults are talked about else where,I am sure,you can spend hours reading.I could have saved hours if I did these things first.
NON START ,if you check all normal stuff like battery life,and battery terminals are tight and clean,the fault I had was it turned over but didn't fire ,turned out to be the earth straps.These are on the battery side,one from battery to body,and another from body to bottom of gearbox.They might look ok,but I would take them off and clean the ends,you could sand or file the ends till they are really clean.All so where it bolts to the gearbox,needs to be clean.Some times the bolts,in the body will rust in,so a good soak of WD40 a while before undoing might help.If it feels like it won't undo,try and tighten it a little,then undo it a bit and work it loose.
NON CHARGE,the alternator can't charge if the earth straps aren't making a good connection.Any kind of heavy shock can damage the diodes inside the alternator.Be very carful with jump leads ,never undo battery terminals whilst engine is running,that kind of thing.
INTERIOR LIGHT stays on all the time,and doors open light stays on all the time,I spent hours on this.All switches out and checked,doors opened and closed,boot up and down ,check wires......It turned out to be a fuse! On my car the Toad alarm is on fuse,and although the fuse looked ok,it had blown.Changed the fuse and out went the dash light!
Dash warning lights,after the battery had been disconnected for a while,I found warning lights would come on,and things don't seem to work normally !After a drive round and time for things to settle down,all the lights went out! And things went back to normal. Hope this helps someone.