ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

non starter , car and possibly project

My track car project clio 172 wont start.

I have done a search on here and there's lots of helpfull info, but i'm not much further ahead getting this car going.

I've done a video of what happens , basically everything works except the injectors and the engine light flashes

1) fuel pressure is good , haven't measured it but seams plenty
2) Car runs when squirted with easystart
3) have tried with a couple of obd readers , cheap one doesn't log any faults , descent one logged codes 150 and 750
4) little engine light flashes on dashboard.
5) have checked and cleaned all the fuses and relays.
6) have left battery off with key in position 2 to see if it re-set anything .... red light has gone from staying solid on key turn to going out ( see video how it is now)

Any help would be very very very gratefully received

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrqROenKQHE&feature=youtu.be

[video=youtube_share;KrqROenKQHE]http://youtu.be/KrqROenKQHE[/video]

have cleaned the crank sensor ,

The car is sparking so i assume the crank sensor is ok , or does it have a cam sensor as well?

Not checked the coolant sensor.

would a broken coolant sensor stop it from starting?

Tested the coolant temperature sensor and its fine.
I have also pluged in my obd reader (torq) and the ecu reads the correct temperature and moves when you heat up the sensor.

One thing the obd reader is saying is that there is no change in reading for throttle position when you press the accelerator, is that normal? I'm guessing it could display the foot pedal or throttle body.

Does anyone know where the throttle wiring from the foot sensor goes to so I can bell it through.

Have now got a wiring diagram and wiring from throttle body / throttle pedal / temperature sensor and pressure sensors all ok to the ecu.

I cant tell if the ecu is seeing the throttle sensor as my obd tool can't tell me this , but the chances of the throttle pedal unit being faulty are pretty slim and the resistance readings from it seam good.

ECU is seeing all the other sensors and giving readings through obd port ( + revs go up when you crank it over). throttle position feedback from throttle body is also ok and going through ecu.

injector locking relay comes on and gives 12v to all the injectors.

Really stumped now.

might be going to the scrappy soon.....

Can anyone tell me why the engine light is flashing?

and what exactly does the immobiliser cut sparks? fuel? injectors?