ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

None starter

d11nyd

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Morning guys, I’ve got a frustrating issue with my clio turbo
It cut out and after some investigation I’ve got no power to my fuel pump and no power to my coilpack.
My red engine light also flashes when turning on ignition.
I’ve a list of codes relating to coilpack and it won’t let me clear the codes so I presume I’ve got a communication fault to the Ecu.
I’ve checked that I’ve got power to my Ecu but that’s as far as I’ve got.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram of The Ecu wiring so I can check to see what the earths are?
Also if anyone’s every come across this problem before any advise would be appreciated.
It’s a 2005 clio 182 so no inertia switch fitted like the 172.
Cheers
Danny

PH2 172
Morning guys, I’ve got a frustrating issue with my clio turbo
It cut out and after some investigation I’ve got no power to my fuel pump and no power to my coilpack.
My red engine light also flashes when turning on ignition.
I’ve a list of codes relating to coilpack and it won’t let me clear the codes so I presume I’ve got a communication fault to the Ecu.
I’ve checked that I’ve got power to my Ecu but that’s as far as I’ve got.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram of The Ecu wiring so I can check to see what the earths are?
Also if anyone’s every come across this problem before any advise would be appreciated.
It’s a 2005 clio 182 so no inertia switch fitted like the 172.
Cheers
Danny

Here`s a pinout guide.
Faults wont clear if they are still present.
Check relays j & B function.
https://www.cliosport.net/threads/clio-182-upgraded-cps-loom-wiring-diagrams-ecu-pinout.790043/

Attachments

• CLIO RELAY DIAGRAM.jpg
    CLIO RELAY DIAGRAM.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 92
  PH2 172
Checked both these relays,both click with 9v battery and swapped around with others.
Fuel pump works up if I bridge connection

Activate your brown fuel pump relay with your 9v battery across blade 95 to 96, and check continuity across blade 87 to 30 with a multimeter to confirm correct function.
The centre blade 87a is not wired.

Attachments

• BROWN FUEL PUMP RELAY.jpg
    BROWN FUEL PUMP RELAY.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 69

d11nyd

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Will do mate, away with work for a couple of days so will check and report back
Will be in touch

PH2 172
Will do mate, away with work for a couple of days so will check and report back
Will be in touch

Just to clarify, when you said your engine light is flashing, you did mean the one at the bottom right of the speedo?

d11nyd

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Just to clarify, when you said your engine light is flashing, you did mean the one at the bottom right of the speedo?

When I turn the ignition on the red elm light with stop in the middle flashes

d11nyd

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Ah, that one.
Besides that one flashing, what else in that display is light with the ignition on?
@bloke

Nothing that stood out, seem to remember the green gear stick light flashes briefly but unsure if it did previous to this fault
The cars at my unit so won’t be able to check whilst I’m away
Once I’m back il pm you if that’s easier?

PH2 172
It`s Ironic that you have a car that won`t start, and a flashing light that says stop.

I`ve never had a fault with that light flashing or light, so cannot advise from experience.

You originally wanted the pin out to check the earths.

The black wires of ecu pins 28 & 33 should have continuity to the earth eyelet bolted to the back of the gearbox, which have been known to break.

Maybe that would cause that light to flash?

@d11nyd

PH2 172
Nothing that stood out, seem to remember the green gear stick light flashes briefly but unsure if it did previous to this fault
The cars at my unit so won’t be able to check whilst I’m away
Once I’m back il pm you if that’s easier?

Might as well continue the thread.
Someone may have a go to answer another day.

d11nyd

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
It`s Ironic that you have a car that won`t start, and a flashing light that says stop.

I`ve never had a fault with that light flashing or light, so cannot advise from experience.

You originally wanted the pin out to check the earths.

The black wires of ecu pins 28 & 33 should have continuity to the earth eyelet bolted to the back of the gearbox, which have been known to break.

Maybe that would cause that light to flash?

@d11nyd

Ha yeah typical renault engineering!
I’ve got a few things to try now so will check and report back once I’m with the car
Thanks for your help so far
Cheers

d11nyd

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Hi bud did all of the above today. Had continuity of all the earths you said.
Relays good.
I disconnected the battery for a while and replaced the 30amp fuse which had an led on top.
I bought this fuse from Oulton Park as this had blown once the original fault had happened.
I replaced with a standard fuse( no led on top) and it fired up straight away once I’d connected the battery back up!
Replaced with led fuse and it faulted again!
I’ve no idea why this fuse wouldn’t work but it’s running again so I’m happy!
Do you have any ideas why this fuse would go originally?
Just don’t want it happening again
Many thanks for the advise ??