ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noob wheel question

'95 Rsi
I've never had alloy wheels before. I have the standard alloys on my 1.8 Mk1 RSi.

One of the nuts is different to the other 3, Do I need a special tool to remove this nut to get the wheel off?

Thanks for any advice

lib

FOR SALE!!!
yes mate its called a locked look around in ya boot our dash etc its a locking wheel nut stops people jsut having ya wheels

'95 Rsi
Thanks for this, anyone got ideas on where to get a replacement? Can't find this locking nut remover thing in the car.

Sorry for the noobish questions :)

lib

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
if you dont know the maker of the nut you might be stumped! seen a few ways of getting out

you can have it drilled out. depending on the type of nut you might need 4 smaller sockets and wedge them on. even seen someone weld a socket on to each one!

Polo Bluemotion
Thanks for this, anyone got ideas on where to get a replacement? Can't find this locking nut remover thing in the car.

Sorry for the noobish questions :)

lib

Go to a few tyre places, quick fit etc etc. These guys usually have a selection of there own locking wheel nut keys, for when forgetful people forget there keys when they go there!!! Someone like them, would surely have one that fits...........