ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Norton anti virus....

M

mij29

How come that when my norton anti virus is on i can't get on the net?
I have to turn it off to be able to surf:(

Tesla MP3 2021
is it just norton anti virus you have or norton internet securtity i.e firewall.

the settings must be too high, or sommet isnt set right

RB 182
Mine (Internet Security) used to think that ClioSport should be blocked as it caused a stack overflow apprently and blocked the IP of the site.

M

mij29

is it just norton anti virus you have or norton internet securtity i.e firewall.

the settings must be too high, or sommet isnt set right

Yeah, it's norton internet security.
Where do you change the firewall settings?

Tesla MP3 2021
just load up the main screen and have a look around..

sorry i cant help that much havnt used norton for years, so cant remember the layout

dk

911 GTS Cab
its probably because the tool you are using to access the internet be it IE or FF is not listed in the acceptable programs to be able to access the interent, need to do a scan of all programs and add it in.

Norton Internet Security is poor.
The first thing I do if I ever see that installed on any PC is uninstall it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
its never let me down mate and also uses very little resource on my laptop so i can't fault it!

its never let me down mate and also uses very little resource on my laptop so i can't fault it!

Very little resources?
You are the VERY first person I've EVER heard say that.. *ever*. (And I've seen a lot of computers with it running :p)

M

mij29

its probably because the tool you are using to access the internet be it IE or FF is not listed in the acceptable programs to be able to access the interent, need to do a scan of all programs and add it in.

Not sure what you are talkin about when you say IE and FF.
Could this be why cliosport.net looks different than before it went down?

Does IE mean internet explorer?
Whats the other one?:S

M

mij29

My laptop is very slow to start with norton.
Ive only got 21days left so might change to something else.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Very little resources?
You are the VERY first person I've EVER heard say that.. *ever*. (And I've seen a lot of computers with it running :p)

I must agree it's terrible. :D

P.S. When did they fix the quote feature here so that it includes all replies?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Not sure what you are talkin about when you say IE and FF.
Could this be why cliosport.net looks different than before it went down?

Does IE mean internet explorer?
Whats the other one?:S
Yes Internet explorer and the other is Firefox.

All Norton products should come with a new CPU and another 1024MB of RAM. They all use so much system resources, you're better off with a few choice trojans.

Monaro VXR
Norton is a pile of w**k. Viruses nowadays are designed to get past it for a start and be undectable by it. It also uses tonnes of resources and generally bogs your system down.

However i still dont use virus scanners that i install i do an occasional run of them online but i have not had a virus by my own means i got one when i connected my system to a mates via network when lived together but thats cause he downloaded all sorts of crap im rather particular about what and where i download stuff.

Common sense is the best way to avoid viruses.

The only Norton product I use is Ghost, but I uninstall it after taking an image.

Even Ghost has background services. I mean wtf?? Why on Earth does a backup image program, that you're going to use once in a blue moon, need constantly running services? Bizzare.

Agree with wozza about virus protection, although personally I like to have something running anyway. I'm currently trying out Avast again but will probably return to AVG. I am toying with the idea of going back to NOD32 though. IMO it's the best out there and uses sod all resources. Not free though.

Monaro VXR
I have only ever got 1 virus and that was off a mate. I dont download absolute crap and run online scanners every so often to check just incase but i tend to format my system quite a lot so not a big deal to me to have a virus scanner.