ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Norton Internet Security 2006

BMW M3 - For Sale!
could any nice people please PM me their product code?

only need to use it the once on my home computer as i've lost my code

SLK 350
Yeh certainly mate, anything for a CS member:

ARE-Y0U-K1DD1ING-M3-F3LLA ;)

Theres plenty about, but in fairness Norton is poo so I wouldn't bother. Its full of false alerts, it eats RAM like theres no tomorrow and its generally a resource hogging bloated mainstream product.

Get Kaspersky,Nod32,Sophos,AVG,F-Secure all better products.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
ozzyo99, i've got mcaffe console what should i replace it with???????????

Get the mcaffe full works free through work, but like you say it eats ram......

SLK 350
Indeed Kaspersky is a much better bet. Eats about 1/5th of the RAM Norton/McAfee like to use. The menu system is simple but effective, and more importantly it only actually lets you know its there when something is wrong.

Kaspersky personal pro is elite.

BMW M3 - For Sale!
hmm... how do u know if this kaspersky is actually any good? i find that after u install a virus program that you havent heard of, remove it, then install norton or mcafee, it finds viruses!

and also... has anyone got a product code for Norton Internet Security 2006 please? PM me

172 Cup
You know it's good because it's consistantly top of the detection charts.

Norton may be well known but so's McDonalds. Doesn't mean their food is the best in culinary tastes.

Leon Cupra 300
i got antivirus 2006 and it does use a lot of ram,, current laptop got 1gb ram so not much prob but before it was on 128mb ram and it was so sllooowwwwwww.

but its good at finding viruses that pick up from using limewire will this other one still do this effectively!?

SLK 350
Philmots...an anti-virus program will pick up virii by definition, so yes it will do. However an AV it only useful if it can recognise and define a virus/malicious code, therefore the company who releases updates quickest grants generally the best protection. Thankfully Kaspersky release definition updates 3/4 times daily.

As Griff says, theres mass marketed products found in PC World and Dixons, and then theres the unmarketed product that relies upon word of mouth and IT media coverage.

Kaspersky is pretty much king of the hill, and has been for sometime.

Leon Cupra 300
Also will i find my laptop quicker because i'm sure it was a bit before installed this!

Which version of Kaspersky would you go for?

SLK 350
Depends if your looking to buy it or get it from elsewhere. Currently im running Kaspersky Personal Pro v5.0.391 but for most PC's Pro is an overkill and if i was going to purchase it, personally i'd get the personal version and spend the rest on a night out.

Can't guarantee that your laptop is suddenly going to feel like new because it could be, and probably is down to a multitude of things (cleanup, defrag, ad-aware) but it will leave more resources for applications to run. So it should have an overall positive impact.

Leon Cupra 300
i'm impressed with it.. really simple and the laptop deffor speeded up a bit! moreso when opening a word file when it virus checks..

BMW M3 - For Sale!
right, ive just installed kaspersky.

now, can anyone tell me which firewall i should use? i've always used zonealarm - is this any good?

Leon Cupra 300
ive just realised getting rid of norton i dont have any anti spyware... so what do we reccomend for that?

SLK 350
Spyware removal i'd choose both Ad-aware and Spybot S&D as they kind of compliment one another - what one may miss, the other will catch. Both are more comprehensive than Nortons efforts.

BradRT, you should have a login IP for your router where you can customise the setup, usually something like 127.0.0.X or 10.0.0.X. However if you let me know the name of your router, i'll try and find that out for you. Most routers act as firewalls though, as they control inbound/outbound traffic and default usually to blocking suspect activities and IP addresses.