ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOS Octane Boost Formula

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Saw this in Halfords, was near the products such as REDEX, claims to give an octane boost of 3 points for £10 or a £15 bottle give you 6 points octane boost, was just wondering if anyone has actually tried any of this stuff. Does it work?

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
When i saw it seemed to be a pretty big claim 6 octane points, make some fuel 105, pretty potent if it worked.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it does work, it does boost the octane rating of the fuel in your car.

Having higher RON fuel won't do anything for your car though, so as above, it's just the same as setting fire to your wallet.

that will do about as much as me pissing in the fuel tank of an old works transit van does. wouldnt bother waste of money

I use 102RON where I'm living in Germany at the moment, and it does seem to make the car a bit more urgent. Then again I am running 1.4bar ;)

RenaultSport clio 17
Yes it does work, it does boost the octane rating of the fuel in your car.

Having higher RON fuel won't do anything for your car though, so as above, it's just the same as setting fire to your wallet.

but it runs so much better on tesco 99 than it does on pikey 95 octane fuel

Not a 320d
I think if you have a proper fucked engine and it needs a good clean then REDEX might be a good once or twice off.

Id never use it all the time. Id prefer to run it on Vpower for the rest of its life than use that.

Listerine & Poledo
What's the deal with ESSO's "high octane" fuel.

97 RON?

Going to start trying TESCO 99 for size, I'm guerssing it's not as likely to be **i* like it's blue-stipe 95 RON cousin? Less likely to be a 'bad batch' and destroy your car?