ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOS

I mean where the feul/N2O pipes enter/exit the solenoids and enter the injector what sort of connector is it? JIC/BSP/Metric?

I mean where the feul/N2O pipes enter/exit the solenoids and enter the injector what sort of connector is it? JIC/BSP/Metric?

well, you cange the just by unscrewing a 13mm cap to get to the jet in the solenoid. And the pipes are held in by 8mm bolts, squeezing on an olive.

BMW 320d Sport

Errr theyre mostly compression fittings I think with an 8mm nut that tightens down on the olive. Theyre BSP threads I think.

May I "politely" suggest that you all read the string Nitrous information from the expert in the general forum.
If you want "professional" help on matters of Nitrous and all "bull" blown away check out the board on www.noswizard.com
Regards

ive read all this lot about nos there is a lot of help ful hits thanks but if anyone can help. i would like to try to build my own nos system has anyone got any plans and pitures on how to build my own thanks i have a 1.4 rt my e mail justaprilia@hotmail.com

i have it on my XR2, but it the same on any car.....dead easy!

i will send pics wheni get back to teh UK

haha!
not the same stuff, industrial grade!

trust me!

me and a mate tried witha whole tank!

nothing but a head spin.....

FAO: Justyboy,

Im in the process of building a DIY Nitrous kit now. All Im waiting for is the solenoid for the Nitrous. It has to be able to cope with the high pressure. It is possible to run a 6v solenoid at 12v to increase the power of the coil (the gas will keep it cool) and make changes to the seat size and plunger tip, but I wanna use one designed for the job initially. You can pick them up for about £45. Ive fitted a kit supplied by the Wizard of NOS, and although incredibly good quality, Im sure I can make one equally as functional for a fraction of the cost. The fuel solenoid is just an axial 12v solenoid valve (about £25). Im using twin 4lb CO2 fire extinguishers for the gas (must be CO2 ones to cope with the pressure). Nylon tubing is easy to come by and all of the compression fittings can be picked up quite cheaply. The switches can be picked up for pennies at Maplins and the jets can either be made easily or you can use webber carb jets (pre-sized). I have all of the Internal diameters for jet sizing, and the calculations for matching the fuel jet to the gas one at given fuel pressures. I also have access to a RR and gas testing equiptment.

The benefit of making my own kit is cost, and I can make a very stealth kit that can be hidden easily from the missus and removed easily for servicing (the cars under warranty).

There are equations to work this out, and no two applications will be the same (thats where the RR comes in). As a rough rule, at 10 psi fuel pressure, the fuel jet will be around the same I.D. as the nitrous. For 7 psi multiply by about 1.3, for 5 psi x1.5 etc. This is a very rough guide and we are gonna drill a series of jets so we can get the ratio correct. As mentioned before every engine will be different, a 50bhp increase on one car for a given jet size could only 25bhp on another. Another very rough guide would be that 0.6mm I.D. will approximate to around 25bhp. I have a collection of calculations and tables to look all this up on. Im lucky that I have access to a very well equiped workshop, and the RR.

hahaha LOL...my bad wording

im running a N02 system that i made froms/h parts, so i leant teh hard way!!! haha!!! it works fine now though...

what i meant to say was which or what type of Fogger/crossfire injector are you goin to use. Not referring to the actual ratio, but how are you going to inject it into the manifold.

OK, thats the tricky bit with my car coz of the inlet plenum design. Its gonna be really tricky to explain. Imagine my inlet plenum as a large plastic box seperated by a HORIZONTAL panel. This horizontal panel has a very flat Throttle Body in the center. Air comes in through a very large orrifice below goes through the body and back into a large chamber above then travels into each seperate port over the top of the engine. The only part with any real directional flow (there is no trunking or ducting) is around the TB itself, so Im gonna feed solid piping to there and will angle the nozzles so that the gas atomises the fuel. It wont be easy. the standard design of nozzle might not work in this situation. Ill get back to you with my final design. On any other car I have a standard design that almost looks like a pipe from a church organ. The key is using the gas to atomise the fuel so it doesnt drop out of suspension.

try tevs crossfire injector, its far better than teh whistle design.....it fires teh gas in 2 directions which cross over at the point where the fuel comes out.....=s a wide spray.

i can ask him how much they are if you want......there not expensive and the best solution....they are also threaded so you can bolt them to anything. Mine is mounted above my DFT carb witha simple alloy plate bolted to teh carb airbox flange and the nozzles bolted to that.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Just a question about the bhp rating for NOS.

Does a 50bhp rating mean the car will perform as though the engine is 50bhp more powerful than it is without NOS...ie. 99bhp without NOS, 149bhp with 50bhp NOS installed onto the same engine.

BMW 320d Sport

Viceroy - MC is correct - say you have a 100 jetting to a single combined injector, its just a nominal amount that is capable of producing 100hp. However it does depend greatly on your inlet manifold design. Im almost certain that feeding a 25hp jetting into each of the four intake runners would produce much nearer 100hp than the usual way for an injected car would - ie a single 100 injector at the throttle body. So it depends on how you hook it up.

MC - Im interested in your jetting charts / formulae etc. I cant understand which 10 or 7 psi youre on about though...my fuel pressure runs at around 3.5 *bar* - ie around 50 psi. The gas runs at 950psi on a good day, even on a cold day its gonna be holding at 700psi usually. So wheres the 7 -10 psi come from?

down to many factors........

-combustion design

-maifold design

-port shape/size

-efficiency etc etc

i have heard of rover(buick) V8s pumping out 80bhp on a 50bhp shoot......the charge is split into more parts equalling a better burn more advance as there is a smaller charge and less pressure in teh cylinder per charge.

Im gonna use a regulator on the fuel for the supply. I wanna run the fuel on a lower PSi through a larger jet. Its less likely to block like that, and that gives a little more piece of mind. I dont fancy having 50bhp Nitrous running in with a blocked fuel supply. Also, the larger the jet, the easier it is for us to machine.

Cheers.

Ben, Can you find the details on the nozzle you describe please. The standard whistle type is fine for most applications, but Im almost gonna have to treat my Throttle body like a carb because of its placement, so the one you describe sounds perfect. Is it possible for you to post a pic of it?

M.C.

ok MC,

the price for the injector alone are 45 quid and machined brass thats is chrome plated. Quite a diffcult machining process due to the design which accounts for the cost.

if you give me your email addy i will email the pics to you.