ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nostalgia!

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Hi Everyone!

My first car was a 2003 clio dynamique. I joined this forum over 10 years ago, armed with some dodgy spelling and my 1st year apprentice wage. Cringing so bad at my old posts!

Needless to say I put the car into a bollard 10 months later. Goodnight Vienna.

Had many cars since and currently driving a GLC300. Lovely car but miss the fun.

What brings me back here, is that at 28, I’m now fortunate enough to perhaps be able to live my 17 year dream and with no summer holiday looking likely, have been looking at 172s and 182s on autotrader last few days.

I am looking for a little bit of advice. I tend to be quite busy with work and would say that my ability to carry out mechanical tasks on my car is 2/10.

Would buying a clio if this age as a toy be nothing but problems for someone like me?

Eager to take your advice, unlike 17 year old me! 🤣🤣

Thank you,
Alan

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Welcome back. Most stuff is okay for a decent local mechanic and parts most of thr time are cheap. Certainly in comparison to newer stuff.

Rust seems to be a killer but then expected down to age.

Prices have gone up a touch so budget well for a well maintained car.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Imo if you buy one that's fairly well looked after they only really require minimum servicing and repairs, especially as a 2nd car so even using a good mechanic they can be cheap to look after and enjoy

4GTS/7.5R/182
As above these cars are surprisingly cheap to run, if you get a decent standard one, look after it and either keep standard or reverse back to standard when you decide move it on, you would have lost very little money.

This is possible because the market has been kind to the 1*2 and good, standard examples fetch a decent amount.

So even if (like me) you spend a fair bit more by paying someone else to do the work / making sure the car is ready to go when you want it, it shouldn't cost you a fortune!

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Thank you everyone for your replies. Great to see the forum still so active. I have made some enquires so watch this space. If I do go ahead I will be sure to post.