ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not A Sport, But Everyone Likes A Bargain!

Last weekend I added the third Clio to my current "fleet". No real reason for buying this really apart from the price, but first the car....

Its a 1998 S 1.2 8v RN Grande. Two owners from new, just 40,000 miles on the clock, MOT'd and taxed until July 2014, original spare wheel and tools, few bits of history and MOTs and the lot for £175.00! There is a reason for this though. As you will see in the photos, the rear arches are very rusty which is a shame because it seems to run and drive really really well. Starts and stops as it should, no knocks, no bangs and is good on fuel.

When I picked her up from Helensburgh (original dealer sticker still in window from Rankine Renault) she was very dirty inside and out so today I sorted this and I also removed all the muck from the rear arches (you could have composted an entire garden with what I removed). I probably will do a very botched job on the rust myself purely for appearance as I really do not think it will go through another MOT. Even still, if it only costs me £175.00 until July I'll be happy at which point I might get something back for scrapping. Anyway, pics...........

197_zps597d9a52.jpg

198_zps32d0ff3f.jpg

201_zps0153a351.jpg

200_zps8a70f371.jpg

199_zps2792af6e.jpg

Whats also on the drive

Y795DTVBIKE_zps3efc7ffb.jpg

083_zpse58b4eaf.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Bargain! I'll be getting rid of the 182 for a sub £1k clio at some point this year. Hopefully find a similar bargain lol.