ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not a tuner as you know but 170.2 ATW

Volvo S60 T5
Really pleased with that figure, done on Dyno Dynamics RR as well.

Mods are de-cat , loss of air conditioning and power steering.
Everything else is standard (182 engine fitted).

Now from you RR experts out there is that a good reading???

Volvo S60 T5
Well it pulls like a train, I drive a lot of clio's
I knew power steering and ac drained power as we all do.
Missed the airfield day due to unforeseen circumstances so missed my real test against other 172's and 182's.
I know RR results are to be taken with a pinch of salt from what I have read.
I had my car 4 up this weekend with a boot full of luggage and it pulled as well as a standard clio.
It pulls so much better than it did with the throttle bodies.
I forgot to mention the exhaust is not standard either

M

mini-valver

Impressive mate! You know Clio's so Im not doubting the figure either TBH....

M

mini-valver

Impressive mate! You know Clio's so Im not doubting the figure either TBH....

Thing is I am, seems really high to me:S
ATW is the most accurate way of showing it other than a hub dyno or dyno cell. Fly figures are calculated so I dunno how it can be over estimated?
Obviously RR's arent accurate but they have'nt calculated anything.......in theory, lol.

Engine Dyno

Janspeed across the valley from me have one but I don't fancy taking the engine out to see !

Nippy white cup
Does seem odd as you say mike. There is something a miss there as there is no way that loosing the aircon/steering would give 18bhp. I know that DD rollers are good (and tbh they are usually under reading! ) but there has to be a interfearing factor somewhere imho

Chris

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Compared to the results we had from the RRD on teh same rollers a while back thats a very high figure, sure it wasn'y 170 at the fly?

R35 GTR
18 hp increase is about 13kw. I really can't see the power steering and air con using that much power.

must be a combination of things and slight error on the dyno.