ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not Another Dephaser Pulley Question...

Audi S3 Saloon
Right guys, I've read through loads of posts and got a fair bit of info, but wanted your opinions too...

Had both belts changed on my 04 plate 182 at Birchdown in Nov 2009.

The dephaser pulley has since started getting a bit noisy as well as a small oil leak from the rocker cover gasket. (Not major, never had to top up the oil at all)

Do I need to replace both full belt kits as well as the dephaser and gasket?

Can I wait to get it done until November as it's still not very noisy at all and I've only done 6k miles since the last belt change?

What do you think experts...:star:

ITB'd MK1
I would keep an eye on the oil level and make sure the leak doesn't get worse, then keep driving until the pulley becomes actually audible. Have you neglected oil changes?

Audi S3 Saloon
Cheers Danny!

I haven't myself, had belts changed as soon as I bought it and serviced in November - only 5,000 miles between services. Not convinced how genuine the servicing history is prior though!

Would you recommend the full kits again or just belts? (Is it both that need changing?) Sorry for asking questions you probably answer everyday!

ITB'd MK1
if it had happened in a very short period of time, and i had fitted a new kit myself, then i would be happy enough to just change the cambelt. Over a year since it was done is a bit pointless cutting a corner so a full cambelt kit, unfortunately for you. just an aux belt will surfice though