ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

not another mpg post

hmm is this good for a dci that lives in the city :eek: that sort of looks good to me
hmm acording to my maths at this point ive still got 13ltrs in my tank but my gage is down to the red that seems a lot how many more miles could i squezze out of my tank the clios tank holds 55ltrs :S my clios trip is claiming 58mpg would this also explain my not so good fuel consumption

it just seems im filling up to soon but if its on the red it shouldnt have much left i think im going to play fuel light bingo next time ;)

iceberg 172
i wouldnt play light bingo in a diesel if you get it wrong you have to flush your whole fuel system expensive stuff not like petrol where you just put some fuel back in

i wouldnt play light bingo in a diesel if you get it wrong you have to flush your whole fuel system expensive stuff not like petrol where you just put some fuel back in

ive waited till the light came on my old petrol seriosly worryed the hell out of me good job i was on the way to fill up vowed never again :eek:

Clio 200
used to do it in the corsa didnt bother topping up when the red light came on , waited to it started flashing then worried about it

172 Cup
cheapda5.jpg

Averaging 0.10 pence per mile

10 pence a mile maybe but definitely not 0.1 pence (a tenth of a penny) a mile.

So 12,000 miles would cost £12.00

I don't think so..

Clio Trophy
1.26p per litre! blimey i bet it wasn't that cheap 50 years ago!!

Its 126p per litre as its asking for the price in pence not pounds.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Averaging 0.10 pence per mile
10 pence a mile maybe but definitely not 0.1 pence (a tenth of a penny) a mile.

So 12,000 miles would cost £12.00
I don't think so..

Well if u do it ur way..

10pence per mile.... instead of 0.1, then that jumped 2 decimal places.

So if it was £12.00 to do 12k miles. then that needs to jump 2 decials meaning £1200.00....?

Black PH2 172 FF
In your calculation, you put that you used 42 litres of petrol at 1.26 PENCE per litre....

You mean 1.26 POUNDS surely - so it would be 126 pence....

In your calculation, you put that you used 42 litres of petrol at 1.26 PENCE per litre....

You mean 1.26 POUNDS surely - so it would be 126 pence....

that would be why :eek: its only taken two days to notice my error
have a gold star :star:

64718415yn8.jpg
thats not bad really :D

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Cost me £2k to run the 197 compared to £1.5k for a 1.9dci for me. Petrol car make much more sense atm.

Cost me £2k to run the 197 compared to £1.5k for a 1.9dci for me. Petrol car make much more sense atm.

id have agreed but lets use an optimistic range on a 1.2tce

:rasp: dci ftw

have i just proved buying a dci ive actually saved some money :D

Last edited:

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
The dci 86 also has a higher purchase price. Using the official figues of MPG and price you'd save more money running a tce.

The dci 86 also has a higher purchase price. Using the official figues of MPG and price you'd save more money running a tce.

if you also take resale value into account im going to get more money back on the dci ;)
my dci will be worth 5k in 3years the tce will only be worth 4 :rasp: which ofsets the extra cost for a dci an then theirs the diffrence in tax ;)

Last edited:

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I guess both cars are quite similar then. Down to personal choice.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I liked my old dci86 Megane. Felt faster than a 1.4 and 1.6 due to the fact it has torque to haul its heavy ass.

No you don't just bleed the fluid round the system not bad though it can almsot bleed itself.

absolute rubbish...

i have run out of petrol in my 220cdi before...i simply called the AA...they put diesel in the tank...and i was on my way...