ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

not going over 50mph

2004 Clio 1.2 16V
hi guys n gals

bought a clio dynamique 1.2 16v as my first car, after a week its has developed a fault, we took it through a car wash and whilst driving home the warning light that's at the bottom right lit up, a friend managed to reset the error which was throttle sensor since then all was fine until we went to my mother in laws a few days ago and it stuggles to get over 50mph. since then an old school friend who is a mechanic has had a look at it but his reader is unable to detect the engine code. whilst doing that he ran a few diagnostics and it seems the the throttle body is registering 11.2% when pedal isn't touched but when foot to the floor it only reads 86.7% could it be the throttle body or the actual sensor in the accelerator assembly

any help would be great

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Bit late, as you may have already fixed this, but as you haven't had any other replies....
Water ingress into wiring, and in particular plug/sockets should be investigated first, these circuits carry so little current that it won't burn off residual oxide deposits that form on the surface in damp conditions thus often causing high or erratic resistances, and these circuits are extremely sensitive (as they should be on FBW systems).
Beg, buy or borrow a can of 'Servisol' contact cleaner, and treat the ECU, throttle body and TPS plugs and sockets (unplugging them first of course) to a dose of this stuff.
Servisol is THE stuff, don't bother with WD40 and similar as this as it is NOT the same!
Fixed a similar issue on a C3 recently which continually threw up fault codes like you're getting, I've seen so many posts about changing TBs and TPS and not fixing this issue, I think this is the first check before spending money.

2004 Clio 1.2 16V
Do you mean
Bit late, as you may have already fixed this, but as you haven't had any other replies....
Water ingress into wiring, and in particular plug/sockets should be investigated first, these circuits carry so little current that it won't burn off residual oxide deposits that form on the surface in damp conditions thus often causing high or erratic resistances, and these circuits are extremely sensitive (as they should be on FBW systems).
Beg, buy or borrow a can of 'Servisol' contact cleaner, and treat the ECU, throttle body and TPS plugs and sockets (unplugging them first of course) to a dose of this stuff.
Servisol is THE stuff, don't bother with WD40 and similar as this as it is NOT the same!
Fixed a similar issue on a C3 recently which continually threw up fault codes like you're getting, I've seen so many posts about changing TBs and TPS and not fixing this issue, I think this is the first check before spending money.
servisol super 10 if so I will go get a can thanks for your reply