ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not happy broken down

172 GTR
18 month old 172 15000 miles and the alternator burns out late last night!
To add insult to injury I had to wait 4 hours in -2 degrees to be recovered!

Vee dub
This makes me even more keen to join the AA/RAC - 9 year old valver in this cold weather....... might be a good idea!

Sorry to hear of the problem

Tom

1996 Valver
I never bother with cover b4, but just insured my valver with Bell and got a good deal on their breakdown cover, paid about £30 in all for 4 homestarts and 6 recoverys, plus they will put you up in a hotel if nedds be! Im quite happy with it

Day said:
Got to love the Renault alternators...

I'm on my third in 14 months :(
What are the symptoms - is it sudden or a gradual failure? My 172 with 20K miles is getting a bit funny about hot-starting.

/G

Mini Cooper S sport
Interesting that it said it would happen in minus 10 with the heating full on and in the dark - they weren't far wrong!

172 GTR
What was scary was that the xenon’s just went out. They did not start to dull like a torch with a flat battery I was on an unlit country road too!!!