ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not So Hard Knott Pass

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Hi, Just thought I would post a few pics from ma weekend just gone... Went to the lakes and drove down the famous 'Hard Knott Pass' Sorry but the pics were taken with my 6680 so alittle grainy...

182lakes.gif

back.gif

lakes.gif

sheep.gif

172 Cup
avstar1 said:
Hi, Just thought I would post a few pics from ma weekend just gone... Went to the lakes and drove down the famous 'Hard Knott Pass' Sorry but the pics were taken with my 6680 so alittle grainy...

Forgot to add the pics mate..

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Karen said:
My 182 has been down there too!

Its great... it starts off like a time trial road and gets really steep all of a sudden!

1 in 3 steepness in places! Phew...

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
downs523 said:
r the roads gd for driving there (fast)?? looks great

At the start yes, but have to be repectful to residents and noise was reverbing off the walls and roads are really bendy and narrow. Good adrenaline rush though. Near the middle and end the road is really rough and steep... roman roads!

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Would defo recommend it... Was really good fun... Alittle hairy in places though, especially when you have oncoming traffic and you have to let them pass! :)

Rally bus
avstar1 said:
Near the middle and end the road is really rough

bloody southerners :rasp:

the main problem on Wrynose/Hardknott is ramblers... 1000's of sq miles of mountains and paths to walk on but most of them insist on wandering down the middle of the road and then giving disapproving looks as you pass them at 12mph.

Rally bus
edde said:
I've seen 5 people in a 1 liter Micra going up there no problem.

I've cycled up it!

The usual tourist trick is to try and take the hairpins in too high a gear and then they roll backwards when they try and change down mid-corner :rolleyes: Sit at the hairpin left/hairpin right on the west side, hours of entertainment guaranteed.

GaryS said:
I've cycled up it!

The usual tourist trick is to try and take the hairpins in too high a gear and then they roll backwards when they try and change down mid-corner :rolleyes: Sit at the hairpin left/hairpin right on the west side, hours of entertainment guaranteed.
Blimy I get tired sitting in a car that long.
Must be one heck of a cycle.

Rally bus
edde said:
Blimy I get tired sitting in a car that long.
Must be one heck of a cycle.

It's been a few years now... I was younger and fitter rather than older and fatter :dapprove:

B

Brown.

great pics....ya need some o that ride height lowering though..... may isuggest apex 40's

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
kullycliosport said:
car looking good m8.........need to catch up again soon :cheers:

Defo mate, it's been a long time... If I dont go trax on sunday I'll ring ya for the mids meet! :)

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
big_peaches said:
great pics....ya need some o that ride height lowering though..... may isuggest apex 40's

clio 4x4 in both pics! Lol

Haven't decided on apex or H&R's yet... but defo next mod.