ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not starting first time.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
The 182 is idling a bit rough and quite often needing a second attempt to start each time.

I fitted one of the new blue crank sensors a couple of years back. I'm wondering what the chances are of that failing already or whether perhaps I just need to look at the joints on the replacement plug wires.

Any fool proof way to test?

Will be watching this, having a similar problem at the moment, just had a new set of ngk plugs fitted ( didn't make a difference ).

I was thinking possibly coilpacks?

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Have you changed your crank sensor? If not, that's the first thing you need to do.

Cough up for the official Renault one that comes with a replacement plug. It's around £60 IIRC and solved my issues last time.

Thinking about it, it could probably do with a clean, if not I shall just re-do the connections where the new plug was joined.