ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not starting first time

Pretty sure this has been covered many many times but could do with clearing some thing up

Car keeps refusing to start first time, only started happening end of last week. turn it over as per usual and used to start first time on first turn of the key.. give it a few trys and nothing. It cranks as if it wants to start but doesnt actually catch and start. leave it on the last turn for about a minute or so and then try a again and starts like a dream

Ive had this before along with some stuttering then completely refused which turned out to be the crank sensor. replaced that in december last year and all has been good up untill now.

Does anyone think its this again or could it be something else? fuel pump? air flow meter? other?

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I had this same issue with mine, only I left it until it got so bad the car failed to start at all.

If you open the fuse/relay box in the engine bay and check the relays spade connectors for corrosion clean them up and refit also below where the relay sit should be a big white multi pin connector which I also found a little corrosion on the pins again clean up and it might sort it for you ..

I have had a few starting issues over the years with my cup and its always the electrics ie corrosion/ bad earths etc

hope you get it sorted it can drive you nut after a while

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I was told it could be the lambda sensor as mine sometimes does this. Haven't tried it from stone cold yet though so will do as I whipped in a new precat lambda I had on the shelf when I changed my box oil. Not a massive problem but annoying none the less, seems worse in warmer weather

I was told it could be the lambda sensor as mine sometimes does this. Haven't tried it from stone cold yet though so will do as I whipped in a new precat lambda I had on the shelf when I changed my box oil. Not a massive problem but annoying none the less, seems worse in warmer weather

already replaced that about 2 months ago so not so sure its that :(

Inferno 182 & Saxo
started first time for me today, although I did prime it for longer today as I was finding something in the car so the ignition was on for about 5 seconds or so

started first time for me today, although I did prime it for longer today as I was finding something in the car so the ignition was on for about 5 seconds or so

hmmm mine was fine for the last part of last week, left it a couple of days over the weekend. went to start it this morning same issue. left it to prime for about 2minutes and then started fine.
i think the issue is pointing to the fuel sender or something