ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nothing from injector number 4 and 2 ???

ph2 172,2010 transit
hi problems as usual
my ph2 172 is only running on 2 cylinders have replaced coil plugs and pre cat lambda.
injector number 4 an number 2 are not working. removed injectors and changed with the working cylinders but problem did not move. this rules out the actual injectors so must be electrical ?? this is where i run out of ideas all help is very much appreciated.
also my car is off the road so cant leave it in any where and dont have a diaognostic computer

ph2 172,2010 transit
did check all wiring for damage but cant see any. also tried to check voltage at the injector plug number 2 is getting about 1.5 v cant check number 1 because as soon as i take plug off it stalls so cant really check. would there be seperate fuse for 2 and 4 and another fuse for 1 and 3 ?? cant see any blown fuses.

172/1.2/E30
they don´t have separate fuses. don´t take the plug off for checking the voltage. you need to measure the voltage with some pins from the backside of the plug.

ph2 172,2010 transit
ok thats great thanks ill check that tomorrow.what sort of voltage should i be hoping for ? and what could be the outcome ?
many thanks

172/1.2/E30
12 volt with ignition switched on. and fluctuating between just above 0 and 12 volts when idling. i guess you don´t have a scope?

172/1.2/E30
if you need a wiring diagram, search the forum for the workshop manual. the injectors are getting 12v from the ignition feed and are switched to mass by the ecu.

ph2 172,2010 transit
tried to test this today but now the car wont start at all it cranks for 3 secs the cuts out completly. i think im gonna cry. also when ignition is switched on there is a loud buzzing noise coming from the throttle body and i noticed some oil coming from the butterfly part ??? is this common

ph2 172,2010 transit
got the car started and running on 2 cylinders again bad engine earth was that prob. now it just a case of getting the other 2 injectors working. cleaned the tdc sensor also but made no difference.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
As above you need to confirm the injectors are all getting a good +12v. If they are you need to check the control lines that hte ECM uses to earth them out. Normally, this is where a scope comes in but failing that you can continuity test the lines from each injector back to the ECM. I'm willing to be there's a break somewhere... possibly the connector itself

Mick