ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nova/corsa redtop vs clio 1*2?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
To be honest i would never own one of these! Money wasted that could go to a better cause... e.g. a 200 :D

Mk2 172
My mate owns a 325 hp 2.0 turbo corsa and it was seriously quick!! It anihilated my old clio on bodies!! lol but then it would with that power! With the six speed box too it was decent at the top end. Something most owners of them dont do due to cost etc.

ZX6R B1H
f28 is not £60 lol

f20 / f16 would cost about £50 - £100.

Everybody knows a corsa/nova XE is the fastest thing in the world nothing can touch them lol.

I used to be really big into my novas and had some fun with them over the years great little toys and fun if your into getting your hands dirty :D

120d M Sport
Most people seem to know a mate or a mate of a mate who runs a 5934587857 bhp Redtop Corsa but who cares. Yes, you can make an ugly old Corsa go exceptionally fast in a straight line, but it will never be able to take corners well and it will always be a Corsa B.

None :(

Ok sorry if this is a silly question, and im just missing the obvious, but WTF is going on with the redbull can? Has it been turned into a starter motor or something? Looks wicked :approve:

clio 182 black /gold
Ok sorry if this is a silly question, and im just missing the obvious, but WTF is going on with the redbull can? Has it been turned into a starter motor or something? Looks wicked :approve:
I think the red bull "Gives it wings" Maybe there trying to say the car got it's power from a can of red bull.?

ZX6R B1H

Its just a home made coil cover, looks pretty kool. Used to see this loads at Shows lol.

And whoever said a nova XE cannot handle are very very wrong ;)

This is the last nova i built :D

DSC00168-2.jpg

DSC00183-1.jpg

Last edited:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Ive just sold my clio 172 and bought a 106 rallye with 16v conversion, no nonsense i.e power steering, abs, just you and your skills, handles brilliant

One thing i did notice about the clio on roundabouts was its tendancy to understeer, due to the heavier more torquey engine, I can imagine this will be a similar issue in the nova's/corsa's

Personally I would have one as a fun toy, even though I absolutely hate vauxhalls with a passion

Bang on a set of billstein coilovers, front and rear braces, Anti roll bars and powerflex bushes and you will have yourself a very good handling car

A mate has had a couple of corsa's, one c20 xe and two c20let's

The last c20let was phase 3.5 and was a scary little fecker, you have to have some seriously big nackers or a death wish to be travelling along at 170mph+ in a corsa :)

F28 gearbox is the only box worth putting on a c20let, you're not getting the most out of the engine otherwise IMO

astra coupe on coilovers
my mates mk3 astra is running 400bhp extremely fast and good engine also the xe engines are very good alot og power can be gained

astra coupe on coilovers
Most people seem to know a mate or a mate of a mate who runs a 5934587857 bhp Redtop Corsa but who cares. Yes, you can make an ugly old Corsa go exceptionally fast in a straight line, but it will never be able to take corners well and it will always be a Corsa B.
the answer is yes ;)

f28 is not £60 lol

f20 / f16 would cost about £50 - £100.

Everybody knows a corsa/nova XE is the fastest thing in the world nothing can touch them lol.

I used to be really big into my novas and had some fun with them over the years great little toys and fun if your into getting your hands dirty :D
It depends how much of a dodgy dealer you are.

Clio dci 80 2005
Lol its a cover i made for the ugly ignition coil, picked it up from the classic mini scene years back. Looks a lot better than a dull black round cylinder....

Cheers :)