ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

November Photography Competition - Bokeh

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Brazo won in October with this photo:

Brazo_zps7e9e1948.jpg

The theme for November is Bokeh,

Dead easy theme, so I expect loads of entries!

So - Entries close on the 30th November

The Rules:

- The photo must be taken this month.

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You MUST flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on. Only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted.

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within this month.

- If you want to change your entry, you MUST PM me (jenic) before the closing date.

- If you haven't followed the above rules don't come moaning when your picture isn't in the voting thread.

The Winner will win a special ClioSport.net goody bag!

Good luck !!

Last edited:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
This should be an interesting theme, more so because it is difficult to have bokeh as the main intention behind the image, it’s usually more a bi-product. But, it’s a great choice for having a broad choice of subjects! :)

Yeah I know we've had the theme before but given the broad nature it should attract plenty of entries!

Italian 3.2 V6
Just been reading up on what bokeh actually is/ good, bad bokeh etc. Will look forward to seeing people's photos.

Glad you like the comp idea guys, now if only I had the 'bokeh' machine that is the sony STF 135, (I dont!) it uses nd discs to smooth out the bokeh. Will have to get creative with the Tamron 70-200 instead.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Anything above 50mm is pawper photography - ANYONE can stand 50 feet away and take an image, getting up close and personal is where it's at for me.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I'm a social documentary photographer I don't do long lens, and I quote Robert Capa " if your photos aren't good enough then you aren't close enough"

Just saying.......... But what do I know, I should go ask a pro what they use.

Your right IMO for street or documentary stuff but there will always be a market for telephoto lenses for sports and landscapes and wildlife etc

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I was only biting as I felt left out, I mean EVERY Pro photographer in the WORLD has a long lens apparently?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
It is a rather ludicrous statement to say that anybody can take a photo from 50 feet away lol. I know that you weren’t being completely literal, but come on

LY 182 FF CUPPED
It is a rather ludicrous statement to say that anybody can take a photo from 50 feet away lol. I know that you weren’t being completely literal, but come on

But they literally can.....I've asked ALL the Pro's in the WORLD that I've met so far.