ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NSX Kit

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
You gonna change the wheels?! I hope so!

Looks good, my NSX nut friend will love this.

RB 200 Cup!
Evil!

jgtcnsx3.jpg

hell yeah!

Turbos.
LOL, not really!

Will need new wheels as centre locks will be essential for Britcar 24h and similar races. I'd love to get some BBS splits but i think you need to order quite a few sets. Likelihood is some plain Dymags.

Golf
Never saw this thread, love Nsx's and this is gonna be amazing, whats gonna happen to the Elise once this is finished

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
awesome :) any more pics? even if its just bits of it laying around :rasp:

I CANNOT BELIEVE I DIDNT SEE THIS EARLIER.

I DO HEART YOU.

PROGRESS AND EVENTUAL RIDE = NOSH

and ive wrote it all in caps ffs fA1L

Turbos.
Thought i'd update this thread. Yesterday went to the engine builder in Essex to see what had been done. Annoyingly i charged up both camera batts and then forgot the memory card! So, Blackberry took over...

The attention to detail Honda put into the NSX engine (C32B) was pretty amazing. The finish and things like the oil nozzles on the pistons were cool to see. Of course the main thing was there was no wear to worry about either.

IMG00147.jpg

IMG00148.jpg

The chalky look is from the crack testing, of which there were none!

IMG00154.jpg

The NSX was the first production car engine to use titanium, but the pistons will be changed for steel items for durability. It is believed the JGTC cars used Omega pistons, which are English, so thats handy!

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00157.jpg

IMG00158.jpg

Seeing as the development is done, we will use Todas throttle body setup, and if possible their dry sump and scavenge pump as again, its already been done.

1.jpg

Favourite so far is a Pectel ECU, as it means we can change maps easily and they are good for full throttle sequentials. Pii dashes owns Pectel so we will use one of those too. The car will rev to around 9500rpm and it will have over 400bhp without changing the displacement. Not bad for a car expected to weigh 1000kg!

Once done, went with my dad to see his Motorsport Elise which was being rebuilt for the upcoming season. The difference in engine size is amazing (new clutch/flywheel there)...

IMG00161.jpg

Better mapping control has given the 1.8 motor over 230bhp, and now the 1.9 has gone in and should be nearer 250bhp. Unlike a Caterham R500evo, it will actually be reliable though!

Weight saving measures have been also been made, like cutting away at the door bars...

IMG00162.jpg

Some in-house engineering means new suspension mounts will allow further lowering of the car too.

IMG00160.jpg

I'm a bit worried its going to be too quick for the NSX!

Turbos.
By the end of the year hope! Don't worry, will have adjustable traction control for you and the CSL drifter.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
WOW! im slightly lost as to what to say tbh lol. cars looking incredible mate. some great work going on. this thing will be immense when its all done, by the end of the year you say?

I was taken out is an nsx when I was younger. great cars, and very well balanced iirc. still scared the living crap outta me lol.

keep it up mate :D

Turbos.
Thanks. Yes, hopefully she will be on track before the end of the year. The suspension design is the biggest question mark at the moment and it will take a lot of setting up as it will handle like a pig initially...

Favourite so far is a Pectel ECU, as it means we can change maps easily and they are good for full throttle sequentials. Pii dashes owns Pectel so we will use one of those too. The car will rev to around 9500rpm and it will have over 400bhp without changing the displacement. Not bad for a car expected to weigh 1000kg!!

Liking this project. For the record Pectel is the engine control electronics arm of Pi Research, its not a seperate company - just a different department of Pi Research. Pi is part of Cosworth. It does get confusing ;-)

ECU wise I would strongly recommend a Pectel SQ6M, especialy as this provides the option to run full semi-auto gear control as well as engine control from a single box. Capacity for gear control can be built into the wiring loom (simple AS break out on the main spur in a convenient place) which will minimise initial cost (assuming you don't want paddle shift from the off) and provide a seperate gearbox loom. It also gives you TC as standard which may help with wet races, the Ascari boys seem to rate it highly for the GT3 cars.

Dash wise - do you need logging? We've just released Omega D2 which provides identical dash functionality to our Omega D1 but with an integrated chassis logger - you already have engine logging in the ECU plus logbook functionality etc. but this would allow you to record 4 X Wheels speeds, damper travel etc. etc.

Feel free to drop me a mail if you want to discuss - matt.faulks@pectel.co.uk

Cheers
M

Turbos.
Liking this project. For the record Pectel is the engine control electronics arm of Pi Research, its not a seperate company - just a different department of Pi Research. Pi is part of Cosworth. It does get confusing ;-)

ECU wise I would strongly recommend a Pectel SQ6M, especialy as this provides the option to run full semi-auto gear control as well as engine control from a single box. Capacity for gear control can be built into the wiring loom (simple AS break out on the main spur in a convenient place) which will minimise initial cost (assuming you don't want paddle shift from the off) and provide a seperate gearbox loom. It also gives you TC as standard which may help with wet races, the Ascari boys seem to rate it highly for the GT3 cars.

Dash wise - do you need logging? We've just released Omega D2 which provides identical dash functionality to our Omega D1 but with an integrated chassis logger - you already have engine logging in the ECU plus logbook functionality etc. but this would allow you to record 4 X Wheels speeds, damper travel etc. etc.

Feel free to drop me a mail if you want to discuss - matt.faulks@pectel.co.uk

Cheers
M

Thanks for the info...

The engine builder (Dave Wilde if you know of him) will be doing the mapping, but we're not sure who will do the loom guy as previous favourite prefers MoTec. I don't know enough about it really...

Chassis logger sounds cool though!

Thanks for the info...

The engine builder (Dave Wilde if you know of him) will be doing the mapping, but we're not sure who will do the loom guy as previous favourite prefers MoTec. I don't know enough about it really...

Chassis logger sounds cool though!

DTW Engines - Good chap and a very good engine builder.

Quite a few options for looms, including us - PWS the wiring arm of Pi can produce anything you need in any spec. It'd be nice to see a fully AS'd mil-spec loom but obviously there is a cost issue here. We're currently doing all the looms for Formula 2 so we have a very good pedigree! If you want a rough idea of price drop me a mail with details of engine sensor pack. run lengths etc.

There are also the likes of TJ's, Viper etc. all of who will happily produce a loom for you. The biggest issue is correctly planning the loom to ensure it supports what is required as the car grows/developes. I'm happy to do you some freebie loom planning if requried.

Cheers
M

172, Tiguan
All coming together then Rob. I love the Exige. Will definatly come along and watch this year. Uber jealous.

Got any jobs going?! ;)

x

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
very nice!

how is steel pistons stronger than titanium?? seems back to front to me??

gonna look really nice and have all the right toys :)

just dont go stick some chavvy wide arch kit on it :p

Turbos.
LOL

I've no idea on the metallurgy side of things, but seems like any seriously modified NSX engine goes that way.

ITB'd 182...
Jeebus Christ!

How long have you been a pimp/drug dealer to afford two mint car's!?!?

Looking forward to reading the progress!