ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NTL Wireless Cable and DNS

Hey peeps,
I have set up the NTL Cable with the Linksys wireless router. However, sometimes the lappy connect to the network but is unable to view any web pages. I noticed on the router config status screen that no DNS servers were listed. Do you think this is the problem? I am not sure if you need them with cable as it works slightly differently to ADSL (that i'm used to).

Thanks for any help folks,
-TS

Boxster S
You shouldn't need them as it should pick them up automatically. If you want to add them manually if you don't think its picking up all sites then enter these ones into the manual setting. They're for Demon Internet but ANY DNS servers will work:
Primary - 158.152.1.58
Secondary - 158.152.1.43

Neil

Cheers for the reply mate.
I don't think it is picking them up to be honest. I will try and define some static ones liek you have suggested.

Cheers,
-TS

172 cup'd extreme
try pressing the button on the front where it says "cisco" it will light up this worked with a batch of lynkshite routers i bought that wouldnt let me into the admin