ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number 465/500

Ph2 172 Track Toy
did rex not manage to get your username reinstated on RS.co.uk for organising an RS charitable meet?

RB 182 Special.
did rex not manage to get your username reinstated on RS.co.uk for organising an RS charitable meet?

I'm not sure. When you get banned and then try to log on as that person again it bans the IP address for a period of time (or something that makes it frickin' difficult) so i'm going to try when i'm back at work. Although, if they'd reinstated the mighty name of KrissJ then they surely would've told Rex? And they have my email address so why not tell me directly?

172 cup
Chopper 1: Yeah, i know some of those roads. I used to work in Langdale and absolutely love Wrynose and Hardknott! I'd say that stretch of road has got to be one of the most extreme in the UK. Hitting them at about 7-7:30am in the summer is incredible! The road from Eskdale Green to Broughton is awesome too. Then add the A593 back up to Skelwith Bridge and you have one of my favourite 'triangles' of road. I have a road fetish.

i'll check the thread out now but i'm already booked up in 2 weeks unfortunately.
Kriss yeah the eskdale green to broughton is birker moor, i love that road lots! I drove it last weekend and the road you speak of upto coniston last weekend just for the hell of it ha. The bit between hardknott and wrynose has gotta be one of the best there is!
I had a spy on that there renaultsport site, i see your doing a dales run in may? Where abouts you meeting/ going? pm if you like !?

Clio Trophy #123
Fook me....Bloody good photo's there!!!!

Do you work for EVO magazine? :rasp: :rasp:

If not, do some enquiries fella....

;)

RB 182 Special.
Fook me....Bloody good photo's there!!!!

Do you work for EVO magazine? :rasp: :rasp:

If not, do some enquiries fella....

;)

Thanks for your comments, but unfortunately i don't. Working for a mag such as Evo would honestly be like a dream job for me! And funnily enough i was talking about that with my girlfriend over the weekend.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
nice photos guys and welcome. pay your £5 and start organising meets for us aswell!

C63 AMG
Perhaps, but after being told to shut the F up, for providing sound dietary advice using less than grammatically perfect language, I'm a little unsure about meeting up with just anyone.

But if you're interesting in going for a proper drive them, by all means, PM me or KrissJ.

RB 182 Special.
nice photos guys and welcome. pay your £5 and start organising meets for us aswell!

Cheers. :D And it crossed our minds. But as Rex said. And as our meets are a far cry from a slow convoy leading to a pub lunch it does get a little concerning if the group gets too big.

Last edited:
  RB 182 Special.
Rex and I don't 'attend', we organise. ;)

Where abouts in cumbria are you from? I'm originally from Kendal -and have actually just got back from spending the weekend there visiting family and friends. Do you get out to any of those magnificent roads pound the Lakes much? It was my girlfriend's first trip up there this weekend so I took her for a spin down the Ullswater road and then over Kirkstone Pass yesterday. Man, I love those roads!

I live in Ulverston over near Barrow, oh yeah i like kirkstone, it would be brilliant early in the morning when its quiet! I like the moor roads over this way, such as kirkby moor, birker moor, corney fell, woodland fell, wrynose, dont know if your familiar with any of them?
Im trying to sort out a meet in a couple of weeks if your in the area? Chech out my Lakes meet thread.

Damn, I had a look at the thread and an actually in Kendal on the original date, but booked up on the new one!

Ph2 172 Track Toy

Cheers. :D And it crossed our minds. But as Rex said. And as our meets are a far cry from a slow convoy leading to a pub lunch it does get a little concerning if the group gets too big.

Don't belive a word he says. Kriss and Rex drive like a couple of pensioners on their way to church!!:rasp:

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Perhaps, but after being told to shut the F up, for providing sound dietary advice using less than grammatically perfect language, I'm a little unsure about meeting up with just anyone.

But if you're interesting in going for a proper drive them, by all means, PM me or KrissJ.
Touche. I would say that the meets I have been too all are friendly and theres lots of banter so I would imagine you would enjoy it. I'll see about joining you on some meets arranged through Renaultsport forums and see if I can convince you on those ;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Have you ever driven around the roads between bala lake and lake vyrnwy.

Ive ridden them on my bike but always wondered how they would be in a car.

The one road leads up to bulch-y-groes and the other part of the loop takes you over hyrnant pass.

Brilliant on a pushbike but dont know about driving.
Please ignore my shocking spelling of welsh places

RB 182 Special.
Those unclassifieds of which you speak, ian 182, are magnificent! Infact, some of my photos at the start of this thread are from those very roads. The sun was really low that day so it was great for photos and gave some superb colours before it disappeared behind the hills in a matter of minutes, but it made it a right pain for progress. I was on my own and driving slooooow. The last thing you want out there is to have an accident on your own. No signal and no one can hear you scream.