ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number of owners on a 197

Clio 197
Hi I'm thinking of buying a 197 f1 in ly with recros and all the extras like f1 body kit etc it's done 36 thousand miles and he want around 8000 for it it's a 57 plate it has had 3 previouse owners should I be weary

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sadly cars like these tend to have lots of owners.

People buy them and move on after a year so its not something i'd worry about. Just buy it based on condition and service history. And please please buy a proper HPI/Experian check for it.

Clio 197
Ly 197 has come up so I'm wanting it but he want top dollar for it... The boot install is ace mate cheers
And Daniel were can I get a proper hpi check on it etc only got an app on my iPhone lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
8k would be about right for glittery gold.

have a nose round AT for similar specced 197's.

Fiesta ST-3
Ok so its service intervals are not right.... FSH but 6k to the next service?

36K which its on is the next big service including spark plugs.

Golf
I'm looking at a used 200 Which has had 4 owners on a 59 plate. One owner was a dealership but anyhow.
Tbh I'd rather 4 careful owners than 1 who just ragged the arse out of it and knocked lumps out of it.

Clio 197
I am going to give him a call to check the service history should all the belts be stopped etc at 36 thousand the most I want to pay for it is 7500 tbh

Clio 197
Ano yeah it's miles away from me as well but I can't find a ly anywhere
noing my luck I will drive all that way and be disappointed as I am very picky when it come to cars

Evo 8 & 182
I just paid 8k for a F1 in Black full Renault history running 220 bhp cam belt done etc and its had 2 owners done 46k. So i would say 8k ish is about right

Clio 197
Just rung the owner and it haven't got the belts done and only taxed till August pluss it's a four hour drive I really love ly but I'm not sure if it's worth 8k and don't want to drive all that way and come home without it

As you say, if 8000 is the lowest he will come down to, your really paying 8600 once you've done the cambelt.

Another will come up closer to home.

Clio 197
And you can get a 200 for abit more, the 197s are quite hard to come across in ly with recros and f1 body kit etc we will see what happens lol

And you can get a 200 for abit more, the 197s are quite hard to come across in ly with recros and f1 body kit etc we will see what happens lol

I saw an 09 or 59 plate ly 200 for 9995 which ain't much more really on pistonheads recently.

Clio 197
I have been to test drive a white 197 today it was ace so much fun I mite have to make the four hour drive for the ly one :)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
f1 body kit

What is the F1 bodykit can I ask? The F1 only had the vinyls and anthracite rims. otehr than that they were identical on the outside (obviously cup suspension set up too) Any you see with spliters/spoilers were either options when buying or added afterwards.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I have been to test drive a white 197 today it was ace so much fun I mite have to make the four hour drive for the ly one :)

Please don't pay 8k for one that needs the belts doing. Either get them done in the price or you want £500 knocking off. I won't tell you how much I paid for my car but I could have bought my R27 AND a 1*2 for the price that is advertised for.

R26/200 Raider
There is a 59 plate 200 on Auto Trader with 11K on the clock in LY. Sounds cheap at 8 and a half K too! Black wheels and Recaros, looks very nice. Does sound a bit cheap to me though!