ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number plate bulb not working

Clio 182 FF
So I noticed it wasnt working the other day, so I thought while I was at it I would replace it with an white LED version.]

Popped the new one in today and it still doesnt work, checked all the fuses though I cant really see one for rear lights but nothing, the connections seem to be o.k. Any ideas? another fuse myabe or somthing else?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Mines not working either also isnt the bulb I was going to get a new bit of the whole part as it looks like my connections have had it.

Clio 182 FF
Mines not working either also isnt the bulb I was going to get a new bit of the whole part as it looks like my connections have had it.

Hmmm might try this, thing is the connector is still probably corrorded

It'll be dodgy connector. Try WD40 + scrubbing them with a toothbrush.
Trouble is because of where it is, very prone to water damage.
If this doesn't work very cheap to replace holder though.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Had the same problem with mine, Just bought new units with new cable from renault and fitted it and then packed the connectors with grease to stop the water getting in.