ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number plate question..

Just a quick question on spacing,

I have a private plate which is:
noplate.gif

Can i have it as the bottom picture which has no space? what's the law say?

MG ZR 160 VVC
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cach...number+plate+spacing&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Lettering and spacing must be of a set standard. Your making the plate look like something different, definitely illegal. I think its a £30 fine and the police can take the plates off you (and because you can't drive around on no plates, your bit stuck..)

That said I know loads of people that do this and don't get much hassle or just a warning so probs depends on the copper. Hope that helps.

Fiesta zetec s
My mate got pulled in the bridgend area for spacing his plate like this, there was no fine but the copper followed him to halfords and stayed with him untill he had standard plates made up and put them on his car.

Clio RS 200
Had mine 3 years and only one copper told me I should change the spacing, all the others have said it good or not even pulled me over when they are behind me.