ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number Plates

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Done a search but cant find what i want to know. Firstly can you make both the front and back white? or is that illegal. Also can you put a logo on them? or is that illegal to. Looking at www.fancyplates.com and want them with font 2, the renault border, and clio at the bottom, with renaultsport as the botom text. Illegal or not?
Thanks for your help,
Mike

illegal.

they must be standard font, white front with yellow rear. Dealers name at the bottom with no other logo apart from the optional country flag.

oh, and they need to be spaced correcty too.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i think anything other than the normal text on the normal background is techncially illegal.

You cant use white number plates on the back, only yellow afaik

Numberplate have to be yellow at back and white at front.

You an put logos on them so long as there are only small and dont obstruct the plate lettering.

I cannot see anything wrong with your idea but Ive not ben on the site.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 22 July 2005

Numberplate have to be yellow at back and white at front.

You an put logos on them so long as there are only small and dont obstruct the plate lettering.

I cannot see anything wrong with your idea but Ive not ben on the site.
I believe the "logo" has to be either the Union flag, Scottish Saltire, Cross of St George or Red Dragon to be legal, Ive never read anything to suggest something such as the Renault diamond is actually legal. And no honeycombing or other logos/pattern can be present in the background either.

Here is the official law stuff of what should be displayed...

The British Standard Number (currently BS AU 145d)
The name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier. (The company who actually make the number plate.)
The name and postcode of the supplying outlet. (The supplying outlet is taken to mean a company whose business consists wholly or partly of selling number plates.)
A non-reflective border and the Euro-symbol with the national identification letters are optional additions.
There shall be no other markings or material contained on the number plate.

[Edited by ukaskew on 22 July 2005 at 12:12am]

Skoda Fabia vRS

the above info is correct

most of the time you will be ok with a logo down the side other than the EU stars or country flag, however its not strictly legal

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Well the font looks pretty standard to me. Is block capitals, no shadow, tilting or anything like that, and the spacing is standard. Thought you couldnt do both white. Just checking. On one of the searches i did found the MOT requirements for number plates, and it didnt say anything about having to have the dealers name on them, or about not having logos. However the logo does not obstruct the lettering and is just the renault logo. Does have a black border around it. If the uploader was working would put a picture up.

Quote: Originally posted by mcoppen on 22 July 2005

Well the font looks pretty standard to me. Is block capitals, no shadow, tilting or anything like that, and the spacing is standard. Thought you couldnt do both white. Just checking. On one of the searches i did found the MOT requirements for number plates, and it didnt say anything about having to have the dealers name on them, or about not having logos. However the logo does not obstruct the lettering and is just the renault logo. Does have a black border around it. If the uploader was working would put a picture up.
The DVLA have the most accurate info...

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htmhttp://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htm

Skoda Fabia vRS

right, i make number plates at work so i know the law on em pretty well

the font must be 100% completely standard and spaced correctly, not even the slight shadow font is allowed anymore

you cant have both white, have you EVER seen a car with a white rear plate in this country, doubt it

all companies who make number plates have to put the company name and the post code of the business address at the bottom of the plate, its the law, unless the plate is for show use

if the logo is the same size as what you normally see as a Euro GB with the stars then you probably wont have any problems at all but its not strictly legal

a black border is fine, it must be at least 10mm away from the letters and numbers on the plate in ALL places, it must not come any nearer than that

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Thank you ukaskew and Brun. Just what i wanted. My current plate only has Swan renault on it, not there post code. This mean there illegal? Think im going to leave the renault logo out and just stick with the renault sport at the bottom, as it will be very hard to spot it when im going along. So be a safer option.

Oddly enough FancyPlates allow you to add small text under the numberplate with the Standard UK plate constructor, which they say are "suitable for use on UK public roads and will pass any MOT/PSV tests"

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Yeah i noticed that. Loads of cars ive seen that dont have the name of the garage they came from on the plate. Old and new. My dads M reg Saab has just the numbers on it, as does my brothers M reg R5. So maybe its a newish thing? Is a pain.