ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number plates

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi all,

Im wanting to replace the main dealer number plates on my ph1 172.
im thinking about getting the smaller front plate but dont know where to look, or what size to get.

So what companys are best to use and what type/sizes do people use?
Oh and is there any picts with them fitted?

Thanks Scott.

PB Clio 172
Not having a go but do you want to attract attention from the police then go ahead !

If not just go standard!

Mine has got a 3/4 fancy plate, you can hardly tell that it's narrower, it just finishes off the front end and makes it look neater. I would be suprised if anybody has been pulled for it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it looks 'hardly any different' why bother? Just fit normal plates.

Clio RS200 FF
I have a very tasty set of real carbon fibre number plate blanks ready to have a reflective front put on. They are really subtle but finish off a car perfectly. I'll post a pic when I get them made up.

I got them from carbon mods if you are looking them.

197 cam'd ph2 berg
Mine has got a 3/4 fancy plate, you can hardly tell that it's narrower, it just finishes off the front end and makes it look neater. I would be suprised if anybody has been pulled for it.
10:30 fitted 3/4 front plate, 10:40 pulled over and £60 lighter. Lesson learnt messing around with number plates just isn't worth it :)

Rs200
its a 50/50 chance none of my pals have been tugged but i know a vast amoint of people that have also. personaly i like them and dont see the real harm so go ahead

Clio 172 Cup
With motorbikes, as long as the font is legal size and spacing and the border is correct then the overall size is irrelevant. So, if you have a number plate with fewer characters, or a lot of 1s, I'm not sure there'd be a problem with making it shorter.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Well im 36 years old so not a skid kid, im lucky if i use the car once a week.

My plates are looking a little worn now and i quite like the look of the smaller front plate, cleans the front of the PH1 up but if its going to be a pain and end up costing me ££££ in fines then i might just get the right size front and rear plates.

Cheers all

clio sport 172
I just put my 3/4 plate on for pictures or when I'm at a car show then just use my normal plates every day is hastle changing plates but don't wana risk having a fine tbh