ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Numerous electrical problems relating to

PH2 1.4 16v Dynam+
Numerous electrical problems

Hi all

I know this is covered all over in sections but literally all these problems happened at the same time.
Firstly It started with my rear drivers side indicator stopping working, accompanied with the fog light dashboard symbol showing when I pressed the brake and/or put it in reverse.
So the next day I took off the cluster, sprayed it with WD40 and gave it a little brush, put it back on and then my car decided it wouldn't start, the immobiliser has been playing up, showing a solid red light at times.
It's been roughly 5 day's and I still have trouble starting it, my indicator works fine but I still get the fog light symbol showing and when I have my headlights on with it in reverse gear, if I stamp on the brake it brings up my right indicator...

Please can anyone give me any advice, I'm stumped how all this happened at the same time?

Sorry to anyone who has to read this essay.

Thanks

Last edited:
  172 cup
i get the fogs symbol light up when i brake as well probly a bad earth somwhere, not too bothered by it. a bad earth could be all of those things tho or a short where the looms rubbed through sumwher

PH2 1.4 16v Dynam+
i get the fogs symbol light up when i brake as well probly a bad earth somwhere, not too bothered by it. a bad earth could be all of those things tho or a short where the looms rubbed through sumwher

Thanks for the reply dude,

I've only had the car since April so it's still under warranty, do you think this could be easily diagnosed if I where to get an auto electrician to take a look at it?

Thanks again

Firstly is it just the dash lights?

The actual lights arn't coming on?

I had the same, did the rear cluster connectors etc and it was still there.
I installed plasma dials the other day so had to have the dash off etc.

Somehow it must have cleared the connector on that point so try whipping them out and spraying with some wd40

PH2 1.4 16v Dynam+
Firstly is it just the dash lights?

The actual lights arn't coming on?

I had the same, did the rear cluster connectors etc and it was still there.
I installed plasma dials the other day so had to have the dash off etc.

Somehow it must have cleared the connector on that point so try whipping them out and spraying with some wd40

No the light's don't come on, just the dashboard light's to indicate they are on =/

Taking it to the garage tomorrow to get looked it...if it will start :dapprove:

I just can't get my head how all of this has happened at once

PH2 1.4 16v Dynam+
To anybody who cares, I removed the cluster that has been giving me jip, the connector was a bit wet still from the WD-40 I think, gave it a dry and re-connected...
ALL PROBLEMS FIXED :cool: