ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 Broadband

VW ....
Just got this & well chuffed .... had Be for the last year & not to impressed with it ,frequently had drop-out etc .

So far the speeds are like night & day & cheaper per month also :D

Heh, you realise O2 own Be and their internet connections are the same right? :p

wikipedia said:
Parent company O2 launched their own broadband product on 15 October 2007. Connections on the O2 Broadband brand are also delivered over the Be network infrastructure, in effect resulting in two broadband companies delivering services over a platform on which previously only one company was operating.

They use the same network, same infrastructure etc...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_Unlimited

tiTTy & SV650
I'm on o2 too Uncle Steve, 7Mb I get, not had a problem with it in the 6 months I've had it, £7.50 a month.

The texts they send to keep you posted on your order and the tracking were a nice touch (if a little ghey!)

VW ....
ah well ,that doesn't actually surprise me .... maybe different exchange explains speeds but as for money ,24 quid connection fee then 14 per month with Be ,0 connection fee then 12.50 a month with O2.

Either way anyone thinking of Broadband go down the route of O2 over Be,save some doe.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
The frequent drop outs would be due to a setup problem on Be's part.

We had the same problem when we first got o2. So we rang them and they re-configured the set up. We lost about half a meg speed but solid connection. Took all of 10secs.

VW ....
went down that route with Be,never resolved problem.It wasn't constant but a pain when it happened.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Ours was constant though, happened every few mins, must have been something different then.

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah O2 are good but they don't offer 24Mb so will be staying with Be until that changes.

Both very good ISP's though :)

Any of u guys had problems with them over the last few days? Apparently one of their main cables was severed in london causing a slowdown, but its probably back to normal by now.

Bumder With A Buffer
ah well ,that doesn't actually surprise me .... maybe different exchange explains speeds but as for money ,24 quid connection fee then 14 per month with Be ,0 connection fee then 12.50 a month with O2.

Either way anyone thinking of Broadband go down the route of O2 over Be,save some doe.

Have you moved since changing from 02 to be?? If not then you will definitely still be connected to the same exchange.

What you might find is that Be don't bundle up there lines as much as 02 do. :)