ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 free 4G upgrade for certain packages

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I know a few people are disgruntled by the price increases but I've just had a text telling me to remove my sim and restart phone to enable 4G. I'm on O2 refresh and paying £17 p/m for the tariff and £10 p/m for the phone. I felt the tariff was a little steep at the time but now with the 4G I'm pretty happy with it, getting just over 23Mbps. You have to be on at least 1GB a month package and have a 4G enabled phone to qualify for free upgrade from what I can tell.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Well, i rang O2 up to claim my free upgrade. I was advised that you have to live in a postcode area that has 4G enabled to be entitled to the upgrade. They told me that unfortunately i do not live in a 4g area and therefore would not qualify for it.

After speaking to the line manager I simply explained that just because I don't live in a 4G area doesn't mean I don't go to a 4G area frequently. The line manager agreed and has now sent out a 4G sim card and once this has been activated they will urn 4G on for me.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Well, i rang O2 up to claim my free upgrade. I was advised that you have to live in a postcode area that has 4G enabled to be entitled to the upgrade. They told me that unfortunately i do not live in a 4g area and therefore would not qualify for it

That's rubbish, I had the message from O2 yesterday saying that I'm being upgraded to 4G for free, but there is no 4G in my area.

Pointless for me though, no 4G at home or work and I only have 1GB of data as I just use wifi most of the time.

Golf GTi Mk2
Just to add to this, I was upgraded to 4G today free of charge but again I'm not in a 4G area, handy when if I go to a big city though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I got the upgrade from ee for 0 pounds a while back. When I first got my contract they asked if I wanted to pay extra for 4g, nope. Then I get a phone call saying basically I can have it for free, are you interested?, yep :). Very good tbf

Why bother with super fast internet in a handful of places, when 3G coverage in the whole country is patchy?
Make the whole country 3G before dicking about with super fast speeds.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Went to Manchester shopping yesterday and finally got 4G, might be faster for downloads, but using the web, Facebook, etc it was not noticeably faster than 3G