ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Over 10 years in waiting...... and my day finally arrives

It's about time Darren! When I first joined CS years ago, I asked you if the Evo in your display pic was yours, and I remember you saying 'I wish!'. Well there you have it, looks like it has come true :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Epic read, awesome to see someone finally get their dream car!

But please don't fit those mud flaps :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You've bought mudflaps?

Epic read, awesome to see someone finally get their dream car!

But please don't fit those mud flaps :(

Haha! Too late! These were ALWAYS going to go on. Along with a Scooby, they are one of the few cars that can get away with having them fitted, imo. And with Clio metal being like a titanium alloy in comparison to the metal used on Evos, the bodywork needs as much help as possible against stone-chips and particularly this time of year - road salt.

They are very subtle actually (not like a Sparco barn-door of plastic) - the vast majority of the flaps being hidden on the car itself. I'll take some pictures at some point so you can see.

D.

Track 172cup
how did you get on with fitting them Darren ? as we talked about we'll have to agree to disagree on the mudflaps lol

jacking up should be ok with most normal jacks (definitely at the rear but will be a close call at the front), i take it you know not to jack it up on the sills and its to be done at the front and rear towing points ?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen this, glad you got the car of your dreams!!

It's been a long time coming - but I got there eventually! :)

how did you get on with fitting them Darren ? as we talked about we'll have to agree to disagree on the mudflaps lol

jacking up should be ok with most normal jacks (definitely at the rear but will be a close call at the front), i take it you know not to jack it up on the sills and its to be done at the front and rear towing points ?

Yep - definitely one to agree to disagree about - lol! :) I did jack it up on the jacking points (similar to those on the Clio) but a couple of them were pretty mangled, tbf. I've never really understood whey there isn't a universal rubber-bung or hardened point on the underneath of all cars at each of the corners - purely for this function?

Better still, have all cars fitted with a hydraulic piston system like they have in race teams! ;) Apart from that, they went on fine - even if the fitting instructions were in Japanese....

D.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Now get some practise in ;)

1269153691864.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Awesome Darren, can remember you always wanting one mate.

Nice one buddy.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Any updates on this?

Can't say I've seen it out and about round Ashton, however I might have seen you on a couple of occasions in the Clio :)