ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Over 10 years in waiting...... and my day finally arrives

Track 172cup
well i'm glad it's putting a smile on your face anyway lad ;)

nearly, just put a thread up about it as it'd be good to get other people take on it before i stick a deposit down and start booking flights out there lol

oh yeh if you want any tips if you decide to do any engine mods then give me a shout, stage 1 mods (£1500) would take it up to around 370bhp/370ft lbs

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Parents literally a few streets away. Me Middleton :)

I actually looked at buying a house on your street before I moved to Middleton.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
well i'm glad it's putting a smile on your face anyway lad ;)

nearly, just put a thread up about it as it'd be good to get other people take on it before i stick a deposit down and start booking flights out there lol

oh yeh if you want any tips if you decide to do any engine mods then give me a shout, stage 1 mods (£1500) would take it up to around 370bhp/370ft lbs

Stop planting ideas into my head! I had to arse-lick the insurers enough as it was!! ;)

Parents literally a few streets away. Me Middleton :)

I actually looked at buying a house on your street before I moved to Middleton.

Ah, nice one. The premium went up for me moving back here temporarily by about £50. OL7 postcodes must be more risk than BL9, I guess? Looking into another place for myself will be extra difficult now with two cars to consider. :)

D.

Track 172cup
you'll hate what i'm about to say then mate..............

when you've got a years insurance under you on it get a quote with Pace Ward as they will insure you now you've had it a while, they usually don't charge any extra at all for any mods and everything is covered on a like for like basis

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
you'll hate what i'm about to say then mate..............

when you've got a years insurance under you on it get a quote with Pace Ward as they will insure you now you've had it a while, they usually don't charge any extra at all for any mods and everything is covered on a like for like basis

Jesus. That's scary..... but something I'll no doubt consider in 12 months - lol!

D.

ph1 172... Sold:(
Hehe! Cheers Ste! It still hasn't sunk in yet - it really hasn't. I walked into the utility room earlier and even before switching on the light, just saw the rear end of the spoiler through the window. So OTT, so ostentatious, it's a definite Marmite car!

Any more interest/luck at the Scoob searching? ;)

No mate, just wistful gazing. I'm with you 101% on "life's too short" but I just couldn't stretch to it. For now, at least.

S1 Rallye Shed
I live on the estate with the old folks home. Croxdale close, its good to see you kept your 182 one of the cleanest av seen. It's ridiculous how much of a premium we pay all because of the area code were in.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
D. - that is awesome. Congratulations mate! Enjoy it... :D

Awesome.

Cheers Andy! I certainly intend to! How long that Evo-Fund Pot will last, I don't know - but she's here for now. :)

I live on the estate with the old folks home. Croxdale close, its good to see you kept your 182 one of the cleanest av seen. It's ridiculous how much of a premium we pay all because of the area code were in.

Yep - I know where Croxdale is - never knew a Cup was so close! Thanks for the comment on the 182 as well - I do try. :)

Cracking write up and a lovely example of the evo

Thanks Dunn! :)

D.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Gorgeous motor, can't believe you came all the way up here to get it aswell! Thought I recognised it too!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yes, just YES! Love the 5 and 6. Want so much, once i've sorted a house out (to buy) I WILL have one of these, its my mission :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
With the weather being so nice, I thought it could have it's first pilgrimage.... :)

P1000029.jpg

Oulton itself was shut, but I wanted a blat down Coach Road leading to it. It was always (for some strange reason) - a 'must do' for me if I ever got a VI.

D.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
You must be over the moon! Your avatar has been the same the whole time i've been on CS! Congrats

coach road, i bet you didnt take off and lifted through the kink... PUSSY;)

that pic above is stunning. proper happy for you.

Turbos.
Congrats on the purchase and nice write up. I like those shaped Evos but would be terrified of it getting nicked or at least vandalised; i couldn't live with the stress!

Make sure you take it to Oulton, great circuit and i'm sure it would suit the Evo.

BMW F21 125d
Cracking write up that, had similar emotions when I recently picked up the M3. The anticipation on the way there and all the what if's, would it be what I wanted it to be etc and the realisation on the way home when it is, above and beyond what you expected.

320d
Great write up mate. Its nice to see somebody get their dream car. I went though pretty much the same feelings when I got my PH1 172. Lusted after one for over two years (nothing on your 10) and then getting it I remember looking at it on the forecourt of the petrol station whilst paying for fuel. Its probably the biggest smile anybody has ever had whilst paying for petrol (at 99.9p a litre though it would probably be replicated by everybody if it dropped back to that), I was so proud to have saved up, searched and finally got what at the time was my realistic dream car.

Looks look with the Evo, Its a beauty.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Great write up mate. Its nice to see somebody get their dream car. I went though pretty much the same feelings when I got my PH1 172. Lusted after one for over two years (nothing on your 10) and then getting it I remember looking at it on the forecourt of the petrol station whilst paying for fuel. Its probably the biggest smile anybody has ever had whilst paying for petrol (at 99.9p a litre though it would probably be replicated by everybody if it dropped back to that), I was so proud to have saved up, searched and finally got what at the time was my realistic dream car.

Looks look with the Evo, Its a beauty.

Ditto except I can't remember the price, flew to London from Edinburgh for both my ph1s and that first drive in the first one just sealed the whole thing for me. Had wanted a ph1 flamer for at least 4 years by that point!

Very happy for you mate, looks an absolute cracker :)

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Great read! Seen this car at extreme with the cs boys loved it then love it even more now! One day I'd love to think I'd own an evo

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
coach road, i bet you didnt take off and lifted through the kink... PUSSY;)

that pic above is stunning. proper happy for you.

No m8 - I took it REALLY easy! Coach Road was like driving on ball-bearings - the cold weather must have crumbled a fair bit of tarmac. No way was I sand-blasting the underneath of the car for that. ;)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant write-up mate! So happy that you've finally bought one!

The gauntlet has now been officially laid down m8. If I can finally give in and bow to the temptation - surely you can for an EK9??? ;)

Make up for you pal! remember you banging about these at meets YEARS AGO!

Haha! I must have been like a broken bloody record!!! It's weird - it really is - finally having one here. I remembered I'd left something in my works bag earlier on, in the boot of my car. I went to grab the Clio keys by habit, then remembered the bag was in the Evo. :) Locking it and walking away - I gave it another glance. It's silly really how a metal box on four wheels can have that affect on you! :eek:

D.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Legendary car my mate owned one a few years ago drove it many time one of the best cars I have ever driven if not the best ! Enjoy it mate you waited long enough :)
You are right about the attension but that's part of the fun :)
Great write up too !

clio 182
Very nice purchase, I have had my evo iv for 3 months now. Get used to going for random drives, I will nip out to the shops in mine and always find an excuse to head down that certain road, or nip in past that certain shop 15 miles away! It's addictive!

And that photo of the rear spoiler is spot on, I'm still not used to it! Every time you glance in the rear view mirror you will smirk, guaranteed!

Enjoy it mate!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I'm going to be honest, but i have always lusted after an Evo 6 as well.

Ever since my uncle let me drive his Makinen at the tender age of 15 ...

Write up is brilliant, you can just feel the sense of joy that the car gives you - probably similar to when up picked up my M3! That silly grin when you put your put down, the fact that it costs you a fortune, but you just dont care. Life is for living, & you make the most of it whilst you can.

Its just the realisation of a dream, & for that, im really happy for you :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Received my first official Mitsubishi parts delivery today.... :eek:

IMG_0886.jpg

Two small cover bolts for the grand total of £5.39. Hate to see what the prices of the really important stuff are - lol.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Tomorrow's job arrived today...... :cool:

EvoFlaps.jpg

That's all assuming that.....

1. The jack will get underneath the car (I'm thinking a new purchase is required here)
  2. That the bolts holding the flaps in place don't hit the rubber surrounding the 18s.
Fingers crossed!

D.