ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o2 Iphone insurance c**k up

Nippy white cup
Not sure where I stand with this really.

Had my iphone for 16 months and when I bought from it o2 they asked if I wanted insurance with them to which I said yes. This is on my till reciept clearly at the bottom saying something like ' this handset is insured on insure plus'

We have just had to make a claim at the weekend so rang the number only to be told that we haven't had insurance at all??! Went back to the o2 shop with the reciept and they weren't interested in helping out apart from saying that if we paid the outstanding insurance costs they would do something for us...£180?! thanks for f**k all. They also said that the reciept from the till is on one system and the other bit of paper which didn't say we had insurance was on another and that we should have noticed.

So basically they fucked the original contract up but the reciept states we had insurance so surely the reciept must give us a good case for something to be done?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If you haven't paid for the insurance you are pretty screwed.

Did you not notice the lack of a DD payment?

It's their fault. Not yours.

Malice had the same problem. Granted he had to get his Mummy to fix it for him, but he got it sorted.

If it says it on the receipt, you're fine.

Megane 265 Cup
Agree with the above two posts, I understand you must be annoyed as the receipt says you are insured, but as stated, surely you must have noticed you weren't actually paying for insurance?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I had the opposite problem with O2, they asked if I wanted insurance, I said no but they continued to put me down for it and started charging for it, I soon put them right though.

Nippy white cup
Tbh I just had the DD coming out but in all honesty we have that many of the b******s that it never crossed my mind to check. I assumed (rightly or wrongly) that seeing as it was clearly marked on the reciept then I was covered.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I think you might have a chance, plead ignorance.

However to make it fair you'd need to pay the insurance you haven't paid for first.

Nothing at the mo :(
Re: o2 Iphone insurance c**k up

I think you might have a chance, plead ignorance.

However to make it fair you'd need to pay the insurance you haven't paid for first.

I agree with tom.. you may say they should cover you.. but obviously there not gonna give cover for free so there gonna want there cash

Nippy white cup
Thats a no then lol. I could take it to the apple store and get a replacement for £137 so there is no way I would pay o2 £180 for their 'help'

Cheers guys :)

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Don't forget that if you just paid the outstanding then you would also have your insurance as well as a fixed phone. But having said that you could just start another insurance policy after you get your phone fixed