ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o2 iPhone lease, Anybody signed up??

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Where does it say try will swap handsets mid contract?

The 32gb is twice the monthly cost mrs duck pays, although hers is a two year contract, so overall cost the same. The handset was free and she owns it so will get money back when she upgrades or buys a new phone.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Seems expensive.

You can usually sell an iPhone after the end of the contract for at least the upfront cost. With this one you pay more monthly, and at the end return the phone and possibly pay for it due to damage making you well out of pocket.

182, SQ7, Trafic
I bought my 16GB 4 from Apple about 2 months after release for £425, sold this week for £300.

For what it is that's an awesome buy TBH, now have a 32GB 4S I got from my missus upgrade which I paid £72, I will then sell this and buy the new iPhone and it only costing £50-100 extra!

I bought my 16GB 4 from Apple about 2 months after release for £425, sold this week for £300.

Yup. This is what people don't think about when the new one comes out. 'zOMG! You bought another expensive iPhone! You waste sooooo much money'

Not really. If you buy the new one when it comes out. Keep it in good condition. Or work out a way for Apple to swap it near selling time. Then you don't lose too much from one year to the next.

Rich, it depends how much you use your phone. The first cost can seem a bit steep but after that its okay.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I lease mine thru the O2 business... works for me as i'm on phone No.2 this year.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Yea, my main priority was keeping it mint, at some point it had a tiny nick in the metal in one corner. Unsure how as always had a case on it.

They're going for over more than £300 on eBay too. Good luck selling a Samsung or HTC with a loss of <£100

2.2 bar shed.
Makes me sick looking at the current value of my 6 month old HTC. From £600 down to £200 retail, oh well its a sick phone and it'll do me well for the next year until I come to upgrade again. 3D's a laugh too.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Yup. This is what people don't think about when the new one comes out. 'zOMG! You bought another expensive iPhone! You waste sooooo much money'

Not really. If you buy the new one when it comes out. Keep it in good condition. Or work out a way for Apple to swap it near selling time. Then you don't lose too much from one year to the next.

Rich, it depends how much you use your phone. The first cost can seem a bit steep but after that its okay.

I have an iPhone 4 at the moment so could sell that anyway... The lady on the phone said about swapping as soon as the new one comes out (which I would confirm) I currently have 2 iPhones on business contracts which are both due upgrades now anyway do just trying to decide what to do.

I keep my phone in very good nick but employees won't share the same care for my property.
If anything happened to a phone it would just get replaced and would probably just replace in a week prior to handing it back.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I spoke to O2 about it this morning what with the iP5"October" rumour mill starting to turn and O2 confirmed that if I wanted to swap my current iP4S in launch week for the iP5 (or whatever it was called) they would fast track the order and swap the handset as its part of the lease agreement.I don't know if the consumer leases differ in anyway from the business lease but the only other thing that happens is you start a new 12 month agreement by accepting a new handset irregardless of your current position in an agreement.

They did something similar with the iPhone for the 3G back in 2003 IIRC

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I spoke to O2 about it this morning what with the iP5"October" rumour mill starting to turn and O2 confirmed that if I wanted to swap my current iP4S in launch week for the iP5 (or whatever it was called) they would fast track the order and swap the handset as its part of the lease agreement.I don't know if the consumer leases differ in anyway from the business lease but the only other thing that happens is you start a new 12 month agreement by accepting a new handset irregardless of your current position in an agreement.

Is it something you were actually looking at?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

Just spoken to them and they are saying that you cannot swap the phone over. Say you will have to wait til the end of 12 months unless you want to pay a big fee.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Went for just upgrading my current plan as i found the lease to be 'a bit off term' for what i wanted. Plus if the new iphone comes out, i will probably be at just about the worst time in the lease.

Store manager was a bit simple too. I had to pay £100 to upgrade but i told him it was £60 and he charged me £59.99 lol.