ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 Scumbags!!

172 Cup
Basically im due an upgrade on my Mobile phone, however as im on a 12month contract (since 1999, never missed a payment) with an upgrade option after 9 months.

O2 are saying i cant upgrade to another phone unless i change to an 18month contract! and that there are no phones available to me to upgrade to on my current contract. what a load of bo**ocks

Mobiles barely last for 7 months let alone 18! might have to find another supplier,as im not sure if i can keep the sim an extend my contract and buy another phone, as im guessing they wont extend my contact! just think its a disgrace robbing fu*kers!

Rant over.

PH1 iceburg
i had this problem when i upgraded. I said i wanted to leave and they passed me over to a manager. The manager then said she would listen to the tape of this pushy t**t saying i couldnt upgrade unles i took out an 18 month contract.

She got back to me being very apologetic saying the "problem" had been adressed and offered me any phone on 12 month contract for £20 a month.

It will be intresting to see what happens when my 12 months is up next.

Clio 182
My mobiles last longer than 18 months....

Ditto, I don't understand the obsessive need to keep changing them!!!! I came off an 18 month contract and thought f**k that if I'm going to keep paying out when I don't even need a new phone, gone onto the £10 a month sim only deal instead with 30 days notice.

Mine are always due for replacement in a year or less. Most contracts now are 18months or more although alot will allow for a replacement handset after a year albeit usually tying you in for another 18months from that date.

Monaco 39/468 Mk2 ZS180
I had this issue with T-mobile, but i told them i was not changing so they gave me a free C905 and bluetooth headset (still on 12months and kept my free evening and weekend calls):D

172 Cup
i think when i give them a call next time i will be asking to speak to a manager! or i might just go into the shop and see whats happening, my current contract is just right for the amount of phone usage i use so ill do what i can to keep it! not the waterworks tho lol

Audi S1
the obvious reason they do it is for month... and extra 6 months is like £300... per customer i wouldnt mind having that tbh

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Basically im due an upgrade on my Mobile phone, however as im on a 12month contract (since 1999, never missed a payment) with an upgrade option after 9 months.

O2 are saying i cant upgrade to another phone unless i change to an 18month contract! and that there are no phones available to me to upgrade to on my current contract. what a load of bo**ocks

Mobiles barely last for 7 months let alone 18! might have to find another supplier,as im not sure if i can keep the sim an extend my contract and buy another phone, as im guessing they wont extend my contact! just think its a disgrace robbing fu*kers!

Rant over.

dont bother upgrading your phone and ask them if you keep your phone they'll give you any money off your contractnight be worth a try if they knock you a tenner a month off just put that towards a new phone and you will only have a 12 month contract anyway

ST
Mine are always due for replacement in a year or less. Most contracts now are 18months or more although alot will allow for a replacement handset after a year albeit usually tying you in for another 18months from that date.

Knowsit Si...i'm a heavy user, i'm lucky to get 12 months out of mine..

Ditto, I don't understand the obsessive need to keep changing them!!!! I came off an 18 month contract and thought f**k that if I'm going to keep paying out when I don't even need a new phone, gone onto the £10 a month sim only deal instead with 30 days notice.

Thats a fair point but IMO if you're paying £35+ a month for a contract you should have the phone YOU need/want, not some two bit handse the kids get on pay as you go form Argos for £50..

My mobiles last longer than 18 months....

LOL i wish mine did..

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm with o2, and have been for 10 years. I've just swapped contracts with them a few months early, as I was going to pay my way out otherwise. So basically they allowed me to pick a new contract and start it early, but my phone upgade isn't due until March.

I've always had 12 month contracts, but very few providers do them these days, and if they do they aren't cheap. I've gone for 24 months with o2, and I'm allowed a new handset every 12 months as normal.

Mini Cooper S sport
^^ I like the sound of that. Does that mean you have to wait until March for a new phone then? I'd go for a 24 month contract if I can get a new handset after a year.

My 18 month contract's up in April so I'm looking to see what's about and I don't want an iPhone. I want the best camera phone.

Da

Less
O2 still do 12 month contracts, I have just upgraded mine last month.

I've been on 12 month contracts for years now and I chose the upgrade online option through which I opted to stay on my current tariff but with a new phone and obviously a new 12 month comittment.

I was told 18 month only on the phone.

dont bother upgrading your phone and ask them if you keep your phone they'll give you any money off your contractnight be worth a try if they knock you a tenner a month off just put that towards a new phone and you will only have a 12 month contract anyway
They didn't do it for me, it went the other way. When I was on the contract I managed to get £15 off a month, after the year was up it went up again & they wouldn't do anything for me.

I'm now on sim only as my contract deal was rubbish. I've been with them for ages - imo they have started to get worse.

Megane 225 F1
imo if your saying that phones only last 7 months (which 2bh they do, or maybe a bit longer), buy a new phone now and go on the o2 simplicity sim service. its a contract with lots of different tarrifs (im currently on £20 a month, 600mins and unlimited txts) and then if i ever want to cancel i just have to give 30 days notice, no 12 month/18 month contract. thsi way your not spending the extra £15 a month (if you pay £35 which most contracts do) which most of that £35 is for the phone.

Yeah i'm on that, £15 a month though, they still give me bolt ons & all that stuff so I don't lose out. I got a phone elsewhere as mine was awful.

Megane 225 F1
Yeah i'm on that, £15 a month though, they still give me bolt ons & all that stuff so I don't lose out. I got a phone elsewhere as mine was awful.

i went in2 phone 4u and got a samsung tocco for 150quid and the simplicity sim. i had 15 credit on my old payg sim and they took that credit and took it away from my 1st bill XD

172 Cup
Some good sound advice here, think i might give the simplicity service a go, if upgrading online doesnt work.

Thanks CS.

Lee

BMW M2C
^^ I like the sound of that. Does that mean you have to wait until March for a new phone then? I'd go for a 24 month contract if I can get a new handset after a year.

My 18 month contract's up in April so I'm looking to see what's about and I don't want an iPhone. I want the best camera phone.

Yeah, as my contract wouldn't have been up until then, but they have allowed me to start a new contract without paying a penalty for not finishing the full 12 months on my existing one.

£30 a month for 700 minutes, unlimited texts, 10 free land lines, and for £50 I can have a 16gb iPhone. The 8gb is free. But not until the 20th of March for me. lol

Lee

BMW M2C
Yeah, as my contract wouldn't have been up until then, but they have allowed me to start a new contract without paying a penalty for not finishing the full 12 months on my existing one.

£30 a month for 700 minutes, unlimited texts, 10 free land lines, and for £50 I can have a 16gb iPhone. The 8gb is free. But not until the 20th of March for me. lol

Called them today, iPhone arrives tomorrow morning. Tarrif goes up £5 for the iPhone bolton.

I'm still paying my dues with a PAYG Samsung D900. Tbh, not into all this phone crap. I use it for texting and ringing people. Put £10 on and I get 300 free texts and 15p/min calls. That's Orange btw.

197 Albi Blue
in january i went into O2 store in Bristol and they said that on Feb 4th i could upgrade to the iphone. So on Feb 4th i went in to upgrade and they then told me that the member of staff had made a mistake and they meant April 4th!!

I kicked up huge fuss about traveling especially to get it and that but they didnt really give a toss tbh i got manager out and he was like nothing that can be done so f**k off. I wasnt impressed lol

BMW F31

i've been with o2 for 7 years and it amazes me i dont get offered services like this, i rung up a couple of weeks back and asked if could end my contract to then take out another one with an iphone and they said they couldnt end it early, all they could do was lower my tariff one stage at a time month by month!!

Lee please divulge to us how the hell you got such a good deal out of them!? ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
i've been with o2 for 7 years and it amazes me i dont get offered services like this, i rung up a couple of weeks back and asked if could end my contract to then take out another one with an iphone and they said they couldnt end it early, all they could do was lower my tariff one stage at a time month by month!!

Lee please divulge to us how the hell you got such a good deal out of them!? ;)

Firstly I'm with o2 business, so they can offer any tariff on the o2 network. But even then, you have to go through to the department who deal with you leaving the network.

Basically I phoned up last month after getting a large bill over Christmas, due to exceeding my text bolt ons and having to pay 12p per text. I looked at what else was available, and decided that I could go for a Tmobile package with a G1 for £35 a month, which would have made all those texts inclusive. I told o2 that I was going to pay to leave my existing contract (£50 ish) a couple of months early and move to T Mobile, which is exactly what I was going to do.

They offered to match it there and then, with no penalty for leaving my existing contract early. Plus a new phone every 12 months. I expect they didn't mind as my contract was up in the end of March anyway.

The reason I pay just under £35 after VAT is because I get 20% loyalty discount.