ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OBD Vs ElmScan 5 (52 Plate DCI Clio)

Hello,

I've now owned my 52 DCI MKII Clio for around 2 months now and slowly looking into upgrading a few things with it and have come across an issue i'm sure someone here will be able to help with.

I'm looking to get some stats out of the car via the OBD however i'm not sure if my 52 (plate)DCI MKII Clio would be better at OBD 2 or ElmScan.

I know this shouldn't belong here but I also have the steering wheel control feature and was wondering if there is a adapter which converts it from it's default output to USB for input to a pc/laptop.

Regards

Johnny

The Elm Scan and OBDLink tool you've linked to will both use OBD-II to get data from your car.

There's nothing off the shelf which will allow you to display this data on anything other than a laptop via the USB connector provided.

Hi Johnny,

If you've got an Android Tablet/Phone, I'd highly reccommend the Torque app, there's a free version with a limited feature set or the paid version which is only something like 2.50 and has a huge range of data. Couple it with a cheap bluetooth OBD reader from ebay, and you'll be able to display all sorts of realtime data.
Torque will automatically scan your OBd reader and highlight all the sensors that your car supports.

I have it for my clio and in total i think the setup cost £7, for the reader and the app.