ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odd Tapping noise :(

1.5 DCI
Hello everyone :)

So i've had this car for a little over a month now, it was bought second hand, as before that i had a terrible time with a rover :(... so after buying it, it devolped a leak in the sunroof, currently this is stopped by using alot of Duck tape....

but this morning, i started the car, noticed a strong Deisel smell which went shortly after driving (i figure this is due to it being cold, i'm fairly sure my dads car is similar) However, i have also noticed a "Tapping" noise, now its not a Low noise, nor is it Loud, Its a Mid tone.. sound like a "plinking" noise, its fairly random, and doesn't follow a Beat.. I opened up the bonnet, and couldn't really pin point the sound, other than i think its coming from the back of the engine...

I'm sorry i can't be much more help.. I share this car with my mum, and she hasn't complianed about, but to be honest, what she doesn't know about cars could fill a swimming pool :rasp:...

Any questions or advice welcome Thanks

Ged

PD130 Peach
could be a sign of the fuel pump on the way out. Friend has his fuel pump go and ended up sounding like a bottom end knock.

could also be a fuel rail pressure sensor or an injector stuck open...

Also what engine is it? 65 80 or 100... you can tell this on the side bullets where it says dci.... if the writing is all black its 65bhp, if it has a blue i it will be 80bhp and a blue ci it will be 100bhp

Someone correct me if i speak wrongly?