ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odd whine when hot?

350z GT
Can hear a high pitched whine when accelerating in gear...pitch rises with the revs and goes if you dip the clutch in.

Only does it when the car is hot so im thinking maybe its oil related in the gearbox or engine?

cheers
Stu

172 Cup
Interested in the outcome of this Stu. Ive just bought mine on 96k miles and notice it whining very faintly and high pitched both on and off the throttle but not when coasting. Almost sounds like a gentler sound version of a straight cut gearbox?

clio sport 182 2006
If there are no other indications or strange noises I would put it down to an inherent characteristic of Renault 172/182 etc gearboxes. I'd check around the gearbox for signs of leaks etc and go from there. I have had gearbox problems with my 182 and it did make a hell of a whine as the oil level dropped due to a leak from the N/S driveshaft/cv joint area. Good luck man