ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OE spec exhaust for a 172 Cup?

Rob Thomson

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a decent OE-spec exhaust for my 172 Cup? I need a centre pipe and back box. The back box needs to have the standard 'stealth' tailpipe and it can't be too noisy - I prefer the standard sound to the after-market performance systems. Apparently Renault don't sell the back box anymore, otherwise I'd probably get one from them. Quality is more important than price.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob Thomson

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
It looks like the PMS systems are all manifold-back. I can't really justify replacing the CAT.

Are there any half-decent pattern systems out there?

172 Cup
I've got the ktec super quiet stealth on mine and I'm very happy with it.
standard noise level good fit and lifetime guarantee all you could ask for from an exhaust tbh

Rob Thomson

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Thanks, that's more like it, much more tempting. I didn't know ktec did a 'super quiet' version.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It's ok. I did have some issues with a baffle coming loose but it was replaced under warranty.

One of the stainless options is probably better for performance but I just wanted something cheap and cheerful and didn't want a load of noise.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
I just bought a stainless Longlife back box with stealth tailpipe.It was under £200 fitted.About £100 extra will get the centre section too.

Rob Thomson

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Thanks for all the help.

I decided to go with a Klarius from ECP as it meant I could get it back on the road this weekend. I'll weigh up the better quality options for when this one inevitably s***s itself.

Cheers.