ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OEM Radio (Tuner List, Update List & Cabasse) - Whats the difference?

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Good Evening All,

My OEM CD played in my 2005 182 Cup has broken, CD's stuck within the machine and unable to get it out, therefore I'm looking for a new head unit.

I would like to stay OEM but a little confused by the various options.

I currently have an Update List but I have a vague member of @Dr Jekyll mentioning about a Cabasse.

In short what's the best OEM head unit I can get?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I can't fully remember. I thought there was 4 and I "think" the cabasse tuner list was the better one.

I think I have that, but have swapped the face for a non sport one.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Cabasse Audioturium is the uprated one.
It’s available in both Tuner List and Update List.
Tuner for 172’s and early 182’s.
Update for later age 182’s (Trophy’s all had Update List).
Be careful when buying standard Renault stereos as the Clio is slightly wide face so Meganes and Lagunas will leave a gap.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Be careful when buying standard Renault stereos as the Clio is slightly wide face so Meganes and Lagunas will leave a gap.
It also varied on satnav models!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Good Evening All,

My OEM CD played in my 2005 182 Cup has broken, CD's stuck within the machine and unable to get it out, therefore I'm looking for a new head unit.

I would like to stay OEM but a little confused by the various options.

I currently have an Update List but I have a vague member of @Dr Jekyll mentioning about a Cabasse.

In short what's the best OEM head unit I can get?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Out of interest, why not just leave it jammed and buy an underseat cd changer? Or take apart the whole thing to remove the cd

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Have you got upgraded speakers @a17vts
The Cabasse Audioturium is more powerful so will pair nicely.
If standard speakers just stick with normal Update List.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Update list cabasse auditorium is a great radio. You can change the faceplate on them if you need to. I've done that in the past to get rid of the textured plastic and have nonsport smoothness. The same change may well help you find a laguna one and swap out the front.

Update list has the ability to support AUX, you just need to switch it on.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup

Thanks. Really helpful.

Out of interest, why not just leave it jammed and buy an underseat cd changer? Or take apart the whole thing to remove the cd

No room for CD changed under seat running low seat mounts with harnesses.

Or replace the CD changer with Tunepoint for USB stick and/or jack lead to phone/mp3. More options for music that way.

I purchased a Tunepoint but I’ve got so many old CD’s I like listening to so would like to keep that option.

Have you got upgraded speakers @a17vts
The Cabasse Audioturium is more powerful so will pair nicely.
If standard speakers just stick with normal Update List.

Yeah have upgraded speakers so will look to upgrade to Cabasse.

Update list cabasse auditorium is a great radio. You can change the faceplate on them if you need to. I've done that in the past to get rid of the textured plastic and have nonsport smoothness. The same change may well help you find a laguna one and swap out the front.

Update list has the ability to support AUX, you just need to switch it on.

This sounds like a great idea. 👍

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Sorted.

Wait for this to arrive, then change the front to mine, and then connect Tunepoint and I should be good to go!

4220B659-F526-48B4-87BE-328AC3E65D25.png

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@a17vts Tom, you can still listen to the CDs as albums. I have mine set up as album folders so just flick through on the stalk for the next album.

It does it in alphabetical order, but its not all a mish mash of random songs (although you can set it to shuffle.) Can you not do that, or do you like using the actual cd disc?

20200511_150748.jpg

Bad picture but you get the idea. That's how it comes out through the stereo and if I don't like that album, I flick onto the next via the stalk. You still have the OE display and clock. Its just like a cd changer, but with much more albums. (as much as your USB stick allows.)

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Nice stereo ;)

I will get it sent out tomorrow for you buddy :)

Sorry I didn't realise it was you who was selling, I would have got it from you directly to save a few pennies.

@a17vts Tom, you can still listen to the CDs as albums. I have mine set up as album folders so just flick through on the stalk for the next album.

It does it in alphabetical order, but its not all a mish mash of random songs (although you can set it to shuffle.) Can you not do that, or do you like using the actual cd disc?

View attachment 1473365

Bad picture but you get the idea. That's how it comes out through the stereo and if I don't like that album, I flick onto the next via the stalk. You still have the OE display and clock. Its just like a cd changer, but with much more albums. (as much as your USB stick allows.)

Thank @Dr Jekyll

I'll give that a go, is this via Tunepoint? I was of the understanding that using Tunepoint was limited to a small memory stick?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
All via tunpoint yes. It plugs in the back of the stereo where the cd changer goes. Then you fit it where ever you want it. My USB is 32gb, which is more than enough.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
All via tunpoint yes. It plugs in the back of the stereo where the cd changer goes. Then you fit it where ever you want it. My USB is 32gb, which is more than enough.

Interesting.

I can't remember where I read it was an issue with a larger memory stick, IIRC I read about it only accepting 4mb memory sticks, although I'm obviously wrong.

What format is your memory stick @Dr Jekyll ?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I dont know mate. Its this one I have though.

I did have a Philips one and was fine for ages then the Tunepoint didn't recognise it. I thought was the Tunepoint itself so I sourced another, but it turned out to be the usb. The DT50 in the link works spot on.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I dont know mate. Its this one I have though.

I did have a Philips one and was fine for ages then the Tunepoint didn't recognise it. I thought was the Tunepoint itself so I sourced another, but it turned out to be the usb. The DT50 in the link works spot on.

Thanks @Dr Jekyll Mark.

I'll buy one of those and give that a go. Hopefully throw it all in this week.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
No worries mate. I'm just updating mine with more albums now.

But its the best option if you want more than 6 albums, but still keep the OE look and have stalk control.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
No worries mate. I'm just updating mine with more albums now.

But its the best option if you want more than 6 albums, but still keep the OE look and have stalk control.

I still have a load of CD's which I like using tbh, so I'll keep them, I'll then just arrange all my other music into folder and then upload it to the USB stick. Plus I don't have a CD drive on at home, so couldn't copy even if I wanted to!

Finally Mark @Dr Jekyll is it easy to change the face on the CD player? as I'll want to keep mine. :)

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Evening all,

New CD player arrives today courtesy of @mossyv6 👍 As did my new USB stick, I got the very same one @Dr Jekyll recommended so fingers crossed it works and finally once started to arrange all my music into folders ready to transfer across.

Finally does anyone know how to change the radio fronts over. Would prefer to keep my basic radio front on my upgraded front.

I think Mark has done it but can’t find a guide or reference to it. Hopefully update tomorrow.

Tom

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry Tom, I forgot to reply.

I cant fully remember, but its easy. Here is the only pic I have showing parts that are removed. Hopefully it will make sense when you see the rear of yours. But its just a swap over if I remember correctly.

2020-05-15_10-08-18.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
In fact, looking at that, I think its 4 screws holding the gold plates on and then it pops off.

Edit: found my thread with a few more pics, but no guide. But I'm sure its a simple case of removing the screws and swapping it over, like for like.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
you can use one of these instead of the tunepoint if you just want to listen to music off your phone, but it doesn't let you control it thru the stalk obviously.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
@a17vts Hey mate. To get the fascia off you have to remove 2 brass brackets on the sides T10 torx. Remove top and bottom lids - 6 x T8 torx screws. Carefully prise them off and then you will see the black plastic tabs surrounding the fascia. You need to carefully prise these up (6 in total).
A few photos below to help:
EFD43642-5C6A-4B9F-B688-3A9B3DE69712.jpeg
508FD59A-4994-4461-B4D3-44CFBBA5B946.jpeg
CF4C4934-5CD5-49DE-92BF-7938700390DE.jpeg
8AB579B0-CE17-44FC-A01F-F7D8BA68352C.jpeg
7A4BAC31-AA44-4681-9397-ABA22DDE04C3.jpeg
25DAACE3-5E9E-419B-AA1B-B0B0F5A1E1BD.jpeg
65537268-2FDF-4200-99E1-CE2D735083D1.jpeg
D6F68A47-C715-4B75-A558-9648A42E4F17.jpeg
2AEB6B99-20ED-4F3E-86FC-5434BC5DDE1B.jpeg
895E75A8-E379-4040-8343-A69EA7B6479D.jpeg

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
That’s amazing, thanks @mossyv6

Next question, I’ve just removed my radio and I have a question.

In summary I already have a yellow connections going into this plug, but I believe this is where the Tunepoint, thus my question what could it be?!

11E3C880-4136-48AB-A202-26B78A27697A.jpeg

I assume I may already have a Tunepoint but I have no idea what it may be?

As always any help would be great. 👍

Tom

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yellow is stalk control.

The blue plug goes next to it and then you have another below it for cd changer lead.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
That’s amazing, thanks @mossyv6

Next question, I’ve just removed my radio and I have a question.

In summary I already have a yellow connections going into this plug, but I believe this is where the Tunepoint, thus my question what could it be?!

View attachment 1474455

I assume I may already have a Tunepoint but I have no idea what it may be?

As always any help would be great. 👍

Tom

Red circle is the CD player lead plug.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Thank both @mossyv6 & @Dr Jekyll

My Radio plug section looks different to yours Mark. I'm thought my yellow plug came out of the hole the blue (Tunepoint) lead would need to connect. I must be wrong.

Changing over the faces this morning and then I'll throw it back in this afternoon, hopefully! Keep you posted!

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Good Morning All,

So I changed over the front and get the new CD player fitted yesterday. Was really easy, but only thanks to @mossyv6 & @Dr Jekyll help/guides.

As mentioned above my plug layout was slightly different to the pics Mark posted however all connected and working. I've not yet used Tunepoint, as I need to move some music onto a USB (today's job) but fingers cross once I know Tunepoint is up and running I'll Velco the unit under the glove box and I'm done!

Tom

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
No worries mate.

If i remember correctly, i fitted my spare temporarily to Mr Blondes 182 stereo, and the rear connections was different to mine and more like yours. But glad it all works :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
That’s great news Tom 👍

Do you fancy selling the fascia back?