ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OEM Sound???

BG 182 FF
What are my best options? I need a new exhaust as the welds have gone again on the standard one and I dont want to fork out the silly amounts Renault want for a replacement 182 system.

Basically I want OEM sound, I can't be dealing with loud, boomy or droaning exhausts.

I've had a search but can't find a definitive answer.

330i. E30 Touring.
What about a Milltek? I've got one in the for sale section. (;

Last edited by a moderator:
  BG 182 FF
After a lot of searching, it seems a KTR/Janspeed Sport (with the centre silencer) is my best option and a good price too.

I'm happy if it's a little noisier but I don't want chav! Most reviews seem to suggest it's quiet but has a nice sound when you give it some beans.

BG 182 FF
I'll give sportex a look, cheers Fred.

Must admit I had a Longlife on the Gti-6 and it was very good, it's just the hassle of getting there as they're not local to me.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd watch out! I put up a thread then people put up loud exhausts!

Only acceptable ones I've heard are my magnex and that quiet janspeed one, I absolutely hate noise from exhausts.

BG 182 FF
I think the janspeed ticks all the boxes and is cheap to at £358

Would love a Yozza Stealth (do they do one for the 182?) but can't justify the cost.

Turbo LY R27
My mate had a blue flame on his, wasnt much louder at all than my standard zuast. Had i nice low sound, but not boomy at all. Only really noticed it was on when the taps were open or idle.

DB.

BMW 440i
Im also considering this in the next few months as mine is on it's way out.

I want quietness and as close to the OEM sound as possible!

DB.

BMW 440i
Anyone got links to a quiet 182 exhaust system, struggling to find one online!

BG 182 FF
I ended up going to a highly rated local place that made me up a custom exhaust. For the same price as a Janspeed I got the sound i was after and a pefectly fitting exhaust.

Clio 182
After a lot of searching, it seems a KTR/Janspeed Sport (with the centre silencer) is my best option and a good price too.

I'm happy if it's a little noisier but I don't want chav! Most reviews seem to suggest it's quiet but has a nice sound when you give it some beans.

couldn't put it better myself