ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Off to efi parts tomorrow...

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
4 years ago I entered into the world of forced induction thanks to t.trophy (Steve Haswell), I bought his lpt kit of him that was once fitted to his trophy, It managed 222hp and was great, needless to say I was warned by Steve I'd want more so 4 years later and several thousand pounds....

d4f4e6ed813be093172fad40e1098e72.jpg

In theory it's capable of 350hp but il let chris at efi work his magic and see what happens, fingers crossed and wish me luck because if it goes bang you may see a for sales thread pop up!

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Thanks :approve: Gt2860rs fully forged engine and a direct to head inlet from focrs based on jenvey throttle body trumpets.

RB Clio 182
Thanks :approve: Gt2860rs fully forged engine and a direct to head inlet from focrs based on jenvey throttle body trumpets.

Nice mate :)

I couldnt quite stretch to the forged route, so i have gone for the gt2560, megane pistons and head gasket amongst other parts, its with Andyrg atm and will be getting mapped at EFI parts too.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Sounds good mate, liking forward to seeing the results of it 

Thanks mate, me to! He made a start on it today... Base map, adjustments to the fuelling, some bedding In time, bit of a issue with the inlet I fitted as the angle of the injectors isn't the greatest for the amount of fuel il need to flow, but Chris is trying is best to work with what he has.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Thanks mate, me to! He made a start on it today... Base map, adjustments to the fuelling, some bedding In time, bit of a issue with the inlet I fitted as the angle of the injectors isn't the greatest for the amount of fuel il need to flow, but Chris is trying is best to work with what he has.

What angle are your injectors? Any pics?? Also what injectors are you using?

Ive got a custom inlet too but hope I've not got any issues. Did a lot of research before making it so should be alright.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
There to steep and the fuel is wet walling? I assume it's gathering in the base of the trumpet on the manifold when spraying, it was made by focrs I think he may have assisted with yours? I'm pretty sure the angle is standard jenvey, could be wrong... Problem is I don't il be moving up to 630cc injectors because of this and sticking with 480cc meganes, Chris knows his onions so it's in good hands.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Similar to mine from that pic so might have the same issues. What injectors are you using? 630cc dekas?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
As above possibly have to stick with 480cc and focrs made the inlet, not for forced induction though.

paddle clutch and jc5 you can't use a uprated gearbox only a vag one.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Would have put the injectors on the second part of the manifold rather than the Jenvey manifold which is mated to the head. Would be a lot better as they look to close to the head.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Nice! I'll be taking my car to EFI-Parts later on in the year when the engine is in. Chris has been extremely helpful and responsive via emails. Looking forward to seeing how your car turns out.

172 cup, Impreza P1
From the research I did it can help cool the valves by spraying the fuel onto them. As long as your injectors have a wide spray pattern.

On my inlet, I had not choice as the fuel rail would hit the plenum back plate. (mine are in the same place as this)

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I guess no choice on my inlet either, can't fit them into the trumpet, anything that aids cooling on a project like this is good, it all helps.

chris recons he has the fueling at 99% where he wants it!, just a shame it means I may be stuck with 480cc injectors, see what happens I guess it will be less stress on the gearbox :approve:

172 cup, Impreza P1
I guess no choice on my inlet either, can't fit them into the trumpet, anything that aids cooling on a project like this is good, it all helps.

chris recons he has the fueling at 99% where he wants it!, just a shame it means I may be stuck with 480cc injectors, see what happens I guess it will be less stress on the gearbox :approve:

He told me 630's would work so you should be fine with them too.

172 cup, Impreza P1
inlets look awesome think he needs to make one for mine ;) ...good luck with your mapping

Think he's got another one ready. Then you can fit the ph2 throttle body and not have to use the smaller inlet on the megane manifold.

You'll need a megane flange as I got him a clio flange waterjet cut.

Think he's got another one ready. Then you can fit the ph2 throttle body and not have to use the smaller inlet on the megane manifold.

You'll need a megane flange as I got him a clio flange waterjet cut.

I'd use the ph1 as I'm on cable now and the wirings been cut lol

Guessing that's for bolting to the head?

172 cup, Impreza P1
I'd use the ph1 as I'm on cable now and the wirings been cut lol

Guessing that's for bolting to the head?

Yeah, its the head flange. Different bolt spacing on the megane but if I can get a megane gasket I can get one made to suit.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I have a update.... And it's not a good one! Big end knock! Not easy this modifying lark nearly always seems to go wrong in one way or another lol

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
God knows, it's not as easy as that as it's fully forged, depending on what the damage is maybe a crank re grind, if it's spun a shell that means the rod is goosed and you can't buy the separate you have to buy a set.

if Chris can't do it or I was thinking maybe Andy then il break it, it has taken me nearly 2 years to build and it has sat for that time while doing so, I don't have the time.

172 cup, Impreza P1
God knows, it's not as easy as that as it's fully forged, depending on what the damage is maybe a crank re grind, if it's spun a shell that means the rod is goosed and you can't buy the separate you have to buy a set.

if Chris can't do it or I was thinking maybe Andy then il break it, it has taken me nearly 2 years to build and it has sat for that time while doing so, I don't have the time.

Sorry to hear mate. Did you build the engine yourself this time?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Yes I did the rebuild, long story short, bought a turbo clio from dms on here so I could use the engine, ended up needing a rebuild, I used the same crank and same rods, got part numbers off the old big end bearings to buy new, so like for like. Until its stripped (if Chris gets involved in mechanical) I won't know, hopefully caught it early but inevitably something will be damaged. Worst possible thing to happen has I think.