ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Offline Files Corrupt!

Fiesta ST
I have a user who works from home a lot and roaming. I have offline files enabled on the company files.

She also uses Cisco VPN to connect to the Company Server when she's at home. When she gets back to the office normally she can sync fine (or over the VPN). However I'm getting a sync error:

"Unable to merge offline changes on \\server_name\share_name. The parameter is incorrect."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/230738

I can fix the issue by wiping the cache and resetting up offine files but this is now the third time it's happened - seems ok for about 2 months then corrupts!

Any thoughts on what is causing the corruption? she does struggle with Excel documents being slow.

Other remote users who use the VPN have no problems.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
We've had the occasional offline files issue in the past - but never one that's come back as often as that.

Is she opening/using/saving Excel files from an Outlook attachment rather than from the docs folder on the laptop? It could be that its having issues with the OLK temp folder (which I keep telling people about at work).

It might be worth after the fourth wipe of the offline files folder when she's back in the office, to see how she opens and uses her spreadsheets, once they have sync'd back up. It could be down to the method of her using and saving them that might be the issue here?

D.