ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Offset

I've just ordered a set of wheels and tyres. The wheels have an offset of 20. Just checking, but is this the same as have 15mm spacers all around, or is it going to cause problems? (they are 16x7)

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Assuming your current wheels are also 7" wide, the extra poke outwards will be the difference between your current offset (if higher number than 20mm) and 20mm. For instance, 7" wide and 45mm offset on your current wheels, will result in each of your new wheels having 25mm "poke".
An extra inch of "poke" outwards - that's quite a lot.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its the same as 15mm spacers plus a 35mm offset 7" wide rim.

Im going to be surprised if they go under your rear arches personally.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lowering it will increase the chance of the rears rubbing.
Front should be fine even if quite low.

RB 182 Cup
I've just gone back to standard offset on my 182 for et36 i.e and extra 9mm track each side.

The extra offset gave me some rather unpleasant handling characteristics that no number of visits to varying garages to get my geometry checked / altered could fix, namely tramlining and torque steer.

A bit of research online pointed towards the change of scrub radius due the the wider track possibly being the cause.

Whilst a wider track looks good and does provide some handling benefits, possibly more lateral grip, it also appeared to effect my car negatively.

et20 is massive and even if you don't run into clearance issues, could spoil the driving enjoyment / make the car unpredictable.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Clios with small offset (or big spacers) do bump steer more. And if you have any wear in the steering components it can be really bad.

The car is stripped on the back, so shouldn't have any chance of rubbing. New wheels are 16x7 et25. 195/40/16. (no et20 like first thought).

So you guys are basically saying, that they're not going to be ideal, but can still be used?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
At 25 they should look good and if its not too low will not scrub hopefully.

Ive got ET13 on the front of mine, it handles ok on the flat but bump steers a lot on bumpy stuff.